New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood would like to hide product category which shown under product name on home page.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    pratchya

would like to hide product category which shown under product name on home page. Currently each product shows all categories which take up a lot of space. Please advice
    1. how to display those categories for less ***just only last 2 categories.
    2. how to hide those product categories list and replace with product description for 3 lines

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s only possible to hide the category, adding the description it’s a type of customization that is outside out support scope?

Do you want me to hide the category?

-Rui

pratchya

is it possible to hide but not all, to show only 1 category as same as your demo is just perfect.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

In our demo it only shows 1 category because that’s the only category of the product.
    Maybe your product should only have 1 category and then you can use tags to related it to other terms.

-Rui

pratchya

we can’t sell our products if we use only 1 category. Please advice how to hide those categories?

David Martin – Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately that customisation is beyond our scope of support as it is more work than a small customisation.

We only provide support for theme issues, and at times basic customisations.

While we’d love to be able to support every customisation request, we simply don’t have the time.

We recommend that you seek a freelance developer.

Kibana

Hi Rui,

Could you share the code to hide all categories like suggested in your reply on September 30th? Thanks!

Kibana

By the way I’ve tried adding

li.cat-item-ID,li.cat-item-ID,li.cat-item-ID{
    display:none !important;
    }

into the custom CSS part of the theme and change “ID” to the correct CAT number but this does not work.

pratchya

Hi,

Refer to David’s support “Unfortunately that customisation is beyond our scope of support as it is more work than a small customisation.” I did as same as his advice . I put the item on the last category and found out that it will be shown on parent category as well.

Kibana

Hi pratchya,

Thank you for your reply. I’m referring to Rui his following question asked earlier in the ticket:

“It’s only possible to hide the category, adding the description it’s a type of customization that is outside out support scope?

Do you want me to hide the category?”

This suggests to me that is it possible to hide all categories but not to add a specific description.

David Martin – Support

To hide the categories on the homepage add this:

.product-details span.posted_in {
        display: none;
    }
    Kibana

Thanks a lot David. This one works 🙂

Must say I’m pleased with the support you guys are giving. Keep it up!

David Martin – Support

Glad you have found this useful, we are happy to help you out.

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register