New Landing How can we help? Cardinal WordPress Crashing when Activating Cardinal

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    mauerhofera

Hello!

I had been using cardinal for close to 6 months. I signed into my WordPress account to do some updates. When I tried to do these updates (I can’t remember which exactly but I think it was either to update the theme itself or plug-in’s related to the theme), my wordpress account was rendered unusable. When I would go to my “/wp-admin” to sign in and fix it, the screen would be completely blank.

My hosting/domain is with GoDaddy, so I contacted them several times in an effort to get this figured out (I was also trying to get my hosting switched over from a friends to my own hosting account). I FINALLY had everything solved and had been told that there was some issue with my theme and that had caused some issues. GoDaddy did not specify what these issues were. When I signed into my WordPress for the first time after getting everything sorted with hosting, I noticed my Cardinal theme was not active therefore my site had no styling whatsoever. I went into Appearance/themes and tried to activate Cardinal again, hoping that my site would come back to its original state. When I clicked on “activate” the site did the same thing that it had originally did several months ago. Now when I search my url or try to sign into my wordpress, I only get a blank page.

Please help! I have no clue how to fix this. I’m going to call GoDaddy right now as well to see if they can help, but I feel like I’m going to keep on having the same issue every time I try to activate the theme.

Thanks so much,

-Ashley

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It seems wordpress memory limit issue. Methods for increasing the amount of memory a PHP script may consume

1. If you have access to your install and are running a version of WordPress earlier than 3.0, try the plugin
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/memory-bump/ as this is the easiest way to increase your RAM for WordPress.

2. If you have access to your PHP.ini file, change the line in PHP.ini
    If your line shows 32M try 64M. If your line shows 64M try 128M
    memory_limit = 64M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB)

3. If you don’t have access to PHP.ini try adding this to an .htaccess file:
    php_value memory_limit 64M

4. Try adding this line to your wp-config.php file:
    Increasing memory allocated to PHP
    define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ’64M’);

5. Talk to your host.

Thanks
    Mohammad

kbarbauld

Hello Mohammad,

I have a same issue as Ashley have. Everything is set on 128mb and it’s still not working. Even I tried with 64mb, still not working.

Help!

Kyle

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please check your server logs to know the actual issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register