Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    karenmabon

HELP!

I tried to add the WP total cache to my website and now it has COMPLETELY disappoeared and I’ve received this message-

Warning: require_once(WP_PLUGIN_DIR/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/compat.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/karmab/karenmabon.com/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/inc/define.php on line 1449

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘WP_PLUGIN_DIR/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/compat.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear’) in /home/karmab/karenmabon.com/wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/inc/define.php on line 1449

My URL is http://www.karenmabon.com

Please help!!

westcoastsurf

have you tried to ftp in and delete the w3-total-cache plug in directory?

karenmabon

I can’t even get to my dashboard, every time I try and log in it comes up with the same message

westcoastsurf

ftp is not part of wordpress. it is what you use to upload wordpress files to your webhost.

karenmabon

how do I access this? I use dreamhost at the moment – do I need to go through that?

westcoastsurf

How did you install wordpress? A “1 Click install”?

I’m not that familiar with dreamhost, but login to your dreamhost control panel, there should be a file explorer (or something similar) goto your base domain directory, move to wp-content dir, then again into plugins dir.

ex: karenmabon.com/wp-content/plugins and delete the wp total cache directory

If this is too complicated then call your tech person to give you a hand.

westcoastsurf

You have to really spend time reading the instructions when installing Cache plugins, it is not a “activate all options and go” deal. Some options may not be compatible with your host. W3 total cache is the best cache plugin to use though.

karenmabon

Hi there,

I managed to delete the wp total cache from my FTP area of dreamhost, but the error message is still coming up at the top of my wordpress admin, and the checkout is now not working at all. Could this be because of the plugin?

Thanks for your help!

karen

westcoastsurf

Does dreamhost have a backup/restore function? You can restore from an older backup possibly. Speak with dreamhost. Also, you should always make wordpress/database backups before trying new plugins.

Google wordpress backup plugins

karenmabon

I don’t have a backup.. aah not good. The site is working now, the only thing that isn’t working is the checkout in Woocommerce, it comes up with an error message. Is there any way of reinstalling woocommerce without deleting the information I’ve already inputted about my products? I’ve been through all the files and deleted anything to do with the plugin. Never installing a plugin again, argh!

Thanks for your help!

westcoastsurf

1. You should google your error, you won’t be the first to have it
    Warning: require_once(WP_PLUGIN_DIR/w3-total-cache/inc/functions/compat.php)

2. Post your issue in the W3 total cache plugin support forum/area

3. Also post in woocommerce forums

Melanie – SUPPORT

Thanks for the help westcoast!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register