New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Various teething problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Ken

Hi guys,

Great theme, I’m having fun so far ๐Ÿ™‚
    Got a couple of questions as I find my way around.

1. My swift framework shortcode generator doesn’t work. So that’s the shortcode generator that’s supposed to pop up when you click the dashboard icon while editing in classic mode, or when editing the content of boxes etc in swift builder mode. I get an “internal server error”.

2. I can’t upload colour themes. This is from the swift options not the wordpress customiser. I can export my current theme as a .txt file, but if I try to import that exact same .txt file I get an error stating the “file is not allowed for security reasons”. Also it seems I am unable to name my current theme and then select it from your drop down menu. If I name the theme and click save, nothing happens.

3. How do I change the background colour of certain elements eg icon boxes, text boxes etc. I see in the full width text box there is an option to set the background colour, but I don’t see that option in regular text boxes, or icon boxes, the toggle element etc.

4. How do I change the colour of the Header left text config – The text that is shown on the left of header on header type 1 and type 4? I assume this is the same attribute that determines the colour of the menu icon in mobile mode. I’ve looked all over the wordpress customiser and I can’t seem to get it right.

5. My logo resizes correctly when using the Logo Resized Height and Width properties in the Header Options tab, but the header itself doesn’t resize with the logo? So the header stays the same height and the logo reduces in size within that header. I have tried the solution here http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/setting-the-height-of-the-header-when-resized/ but it didn’t work for me – that just force resized the logo not the header.

6. Between my header and my slider I have a small space. If I change the page colour this space changes. I see on the dante.swiftideas.net demo that you don’t have this space. I haven’t done anything funny, just dropped the slider element onto the page using the swift page builder, but it gives the appearance of a <br> between the header and the slider. Looked in the classic editor but didn’t see a <br>

7. Is there an ‘extra class “cheat sheet”‘ .. it took me a while to figure out that I had to add ‘no-arrow’ as an extra class in the text block to get rid of the pointer at the bottom. Is there a resource that details all the various extra classes available?

To view the header resizing and white space problem
    http://samurdermysteries.co.za/wordpress/

Clickable icons you may find interesting ๐Ÿ™‚
    http://samurdermysteries.co.za/wordpress/clickable/

Thanks for helping as I learn my way around ๐Ÿ™‚

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

1) Please check your permissions for swift-framework/sf-shortcodes/interface.php. They should be 644

2) Not sure about this, I will come back to this when we have resolved the other issues

3) The background color can be set on full width elements, like the full width text box. dante now has a row asset for full width backgrounds, which can also be images and videos. For other assets, if you want to change the background you would have to add an extra class and then add custom css

4) It just uses the body text color, if you want to change it you can add this custom css:

#top-header .th-left {
      color: #f5f5f5;
    }

However on your site it looks like you are using the topbar?

To change the color of those links you need to change the topbar link color in the color customiser

5) Will come back to this

6) You need to check the box to remove top spacing in the page meta options

7) Please see: http://dante.swiftideas.net/documentation/#swift-page-builder

– Kyle

Ken

Thanks Kyle.

1) Fixed. Incidentally, the permission was 666 – what does this mean and how did it end up with the incorrect setting?

2)

3)Thanks for the explaination. Playing with the row element now. Pretty cool.

4)Thanks, that code does the job for the header text. I used this css to change the mobile menu so that it also shows up on the black header

#logo a.mobile-menu-show {
    color: #f5f5f5;
    }

It looks like it does the job correctly, or should I have done it differently?

5) Noticed something interesting here while testing the codes above – If I set the header to number 7 ie using the top header text, then the header scales correctly with the logo. If I revert back to header number 6 then the original problem as posted above returns.

6) Worked perfectly

7) Exactly what I was looking for

Thanks Kyle

Ken

In addition is it possible that any of the above could have broken Layerslider?
    It was working before and now it isn’t. Peculiar.

Of the three demo sliders that came with your themeforest download, only the one works now.
    From the Layerslider page I deleted one of the malfuntioning sliders and tried to reupload the .json file, but it won’t reupload. I have checked on my server and in the uploads folder all the files from that demo slider are still there. But it doesn’t show in the layerslider admin page.

The slider which was on the page when we started with the above queries is still installed, but no longer works for some reason.

The 3rd demo slider is still installed and does still work.

I don’t see an “uninstall plugin” option in the plugins page. I want to reinstall the whole thing and see if that fixes it. How do I do that?
    Any other ideas?

Ken

When loading the page everthing loads except the slider upon which it hangs on “transfering data from maps.googleapis.com”

appears to be working on the mobile site – when I first noticed the problem it wasn’t working on the mobile site either although I haven’t done anything between then and now.

http://samurdermysteries.co.za/wordpress/

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please would you only post about one issue per thread, as it can get really confusing when we are trying to fix several issues on one thread.

For your previous 2 comments please open new threads so that I can work on the original issues

– Kyle

Ken

Ok, done. I didn’t know how to move those other two comments to a new thread so I just started a new one. Only posted them here in case the problem was related to the changes I made above.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great!

Please could you create new topics for number 2 and 5, it will make it easier for my colleagues to separate the issue for the ones already answered

Thanks

Kyle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register