New Landing How can we help? Atelier Variation Plugin Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    bloomcreative

Hi,
    My questions relate to 2 WooCommerce plugins which I will address seperately below.
    Please note that both plugins work perfectly with the TwentyTwelve theme. This can be verified by logging into my WordPress site and changing the theme.

Plugin 1. WooCommerce Additional Variation Images
    URL: http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-additional-variation-images/

Having installed this plugin and selected the Atelier theme I created a variable product (http://bloompaper.co.uk/shop/painted-brush-stripes) with multiple variation images. On viewing the product page and selecting a variation swatch only the main image changes but not the thumbnails below (which are supposed to change).
    On changing the theme to TwentyTwelve to test this, the plugin worked perfectly.
    I have temporarily de-activated any other plugins which could cause problems.

Plugin 2. YITH WOOCOMMERCE COLOR AND LABEL VARIATIONS
    URL: https://yithemes.com/themes/plugins/yith-woocommerce-color-and-label-variations/

Having installed this plugin with the Atelier theme, products on the SHOP page are supposed to show clickable variation color swatches below the thumbnail.
    Please see this category (first product listed) for an example of the problem: http://bloompaper.co.uk/product-category/printable-art.
    You will see that instead of the swatches being displayed below the thumbnail, they are on top when the thumb is hovered over. Also, on clicking a swatch nothing happens (a different thumbnail should be shown for that color selection).
    Once again, the plugin works perfectly when the theme is changed to TwentyTwelve.

I appreciate any help you can provide with these 2 plugins as they cost $120 combined and I need their functionality for my shop. It seems that something in the Atelier theme is causing them to break.

Many thanks, Diane

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @bloomcreative

Please try disabling the add to cart ajax option in Theme Options > WooCommerce > Product Options

That should resolve the issues. If not, let us know.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Apologies – ignore that previous message, was for another topic. Can you please provide both those plugins for us to test locally?

– Ed

bloomcreative
    This reply has been marked as private.
    carteblanche1

I am having the same issues with these plugins not working on Atelier. Was this resolved?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Not yet. Will forward the topic to Ed so he can try to recreate the situation in a local installation.
    let’s wait for the reply.

Thanks

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Unfortunately it won’t be possible to get the additional variation images plugin to play nice with the theme, when the slider is enabled – it is built for usage when there isn’t a slider in play, as the plugin replaces the thumbnails below the image (which isn’t how the setup is in a slider). We’ll keep looking for a solution, but for now it may be best for us to add a slider disabled option – to enable this plugin to work correctly.

For the color & label variation plugin we have adjusted our code for the next update to support this. You need to enable the “Standard – Show buy button” in Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop Options for the swatch to show below the product for the buy button. We have added css to hide it on the hover.

– Ed

bloomcreative

Thats great Ed, thanks so much for looking into this – I appreciate your time.
    Yes a slider disable option would be great for myself and any future purchasers wanting to use the plugin.
    If you can provide any code in the meantime to disable the slider I’d appreciate it.

Also, regarding the CSS change in the next update would you be able to provide the code snippet now or will I have to wait until the update?

Thanks again,

Diane

bloomcreative

Ed, just a quick follow up to my last message.

I know you have already looked into the Variation Images plugin and found that disabling the lighbox will work.
    I’m not sure if you know but the Woocommerce plugin page does mention disabling the lightbox to make the plugin work
    Also at the bottom of the page they mention using hooks with 3rd party themes to make the theme play nice with the plugin. In particular they provide a code fix for the Neighbourhood theme which I see you guys also created. Do you think this code might work for the Atelier theme?

Here’s the link (read down the bottom of the page)
    http://docs.woothemes.com/document/woocommerce-additional-variation-images/

Cheers!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks. Will forward to Ed so he can reply.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Interesting – thank you for providing that link. I’ll take a look at that and see if there is a way we can use it to work with the slider enabled.

I can provide the build we have so far if you’d like to test it?

– Ed

bloomcreative

Hi Ed,
    I noticed that an update was released which mentioned a fix for both plugins (which I got all excited about).
    Having updated to the new version things are still broken but with different problems.
    On the shop category page the variation swatches have disappeared altogether.
    On viewing the product page only one variation thumb image is shown below the main product image (I have 2 extra variation images for each color) and the gallery thumbnail is stretched out of shape.

Should I upload some screen shots showing the problems?
    In the meantime I’ll try and look into it further.
    Cheers.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @bloomcreative

Have you checked the new theme option we added in order for that plugin to work? http://d.pr/i/1lxcn/HzeUxvOG

Definitely seeing the swatches here in our local testing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gswmn4woxwov73/Screenshot%202015-09-01%2023.01.03.png?dl=0

What display type are you using?

– Ed

carteblanche1

Hi Ed,

I upgraded to the new version of the theme (1.71) and found that the plugin Woocommerce Additional Variation Images does appear to function when the slider is disabled. However I have a few issues with the current functionality below:

1. The additional variation thumbnails take too long to load.
    The initial load delay is as long as 5 – 10 seconds while there is also a 1-2 second delay each time the different variation label is selected. I do not have this same lag with the regular thumbnail images (when slider is enabled). With this long of a delay it wouldn’t be feasible to use this plugin as customers would grow too impatient.

2. The only way to scroll through the thumbnails is by using lightbox. My guess is because this is due to the slider being disabled. However it would be a better experience if there was any way to make the thumbnails scroll (via the product image directly) without going into the lightbox viewing mode.

On another note I am also able to see the variation labels in shop view below each listing as per your screenshot. However I still have a few issues with this functionality as it is now:

1. As of right now this feature only works in the Standard listing view. Is it possible to make it work with the Preview Slider view?
    2. The label variations still show on hover so it is showing both on hover and below the image.
    3. Is there any way to customize the size of the labels in shop/catalog view? As of right now the default size is extremely small.
    4. Is it possible to remove the “select options” button above the color variation labels? I know you actually require this option to be selected in Theme Options for this feature to actually work, but I think it would look cleaner that without the button and allow the labels to display directly below the main image on their own.
    5. As of right now I am not able to change the variation selections in catalog/shop view. It would be great if you could select the color variation and have the image change in the shop image view as it does in the single product image view.

Let me know your thoughts on the above. BTW this is by far the best theme available!

Thanks

bloomcreative

Hi Ed,

I’ve just checked my settings and the display type is set to standard.
    I’ve also reset everything back to default and even tried a different theme view but I still can’t see the variation swatches on the archive page.

I’ll post the link to my demo shop with user id & password in a private note below. You can then login and see whats going on.

The above post from carteblanche1 is spot on and describes the problems with the additional images problem. It is very glitchy as you will see if you login to my store.

I appreciate your time on this, I’ll post my login details below now…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register