New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Variable products not displaying

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
    Ben Urban

Variable products worked properly across our website until our latest update of the Neighborhood Theme. Our child theme only contains a few aesthetic tweaks, and variable products still don’t function when we disable that theme.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

We will have to double check this with the dev team since it was all working for Woocommerce 3.0.4 but they release another update last friday.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Can you test with the default WordPress theme active, to see if the options show as expected? Let us know and if so we’ll look further into this.

Thanks,

– Ed

Ben Urban

I have tested with the Twenty Sixteen theme. As these attachments show, variable products work as expected without the Neighborhood Theme.

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Please remove the current theme version you have, and re-install this latest one – http://swiftideas.d.pr/ZRE9J/1Ss7u8Dz

We have tested variable products locally, and have no issue, so it seems it must be an issue with the version you have installed.

Let us know.

– Ed

Ben Urban

I have removed the installed version I had and installed/activated your linked version (uploaded the Zip to WordPress). Everything works as expected except variable products. Please see attachments.

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Could you possibly provide FTP access so that we can test some template changes?

Thanks,

– Ed

Ben Urban
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

You had catalog mode enabled! Just disabled that for you.

– Ed

Ben Urban

We had Catalog Mode enabled intentionally, because we are not currently taking product orders. I’ve just gone and re-enabled it. Until the latest WooCommerce update, we’ve been using Neighborhood theme in Catalog Mode with no disruption to the proper display of Variable Products selected under their dropdown menu.

Neighborhood theme’s list of features on Envato Market describes Catalog Mode as follows:
    “We’ve included an option to show the shop in catalog mode right into the theme options panel. This hides the cart/checkout process so that you can display your products without actually selling them.”

We rely on that functionality. How can we resolve this?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Apologies for the confusion.

The catalog mode hides the add to cart section of the product – if this wasn’t the case with variable products before then it wasn’t working as intended. If you’d like to just hide the add to cart button, and keep the variable display, then you’ll need to edit header.php and remove this line:

Then you can hide the add to cart button with CSS.

Thanks,

– Ed

Ben Urban

I am more confused.

You said “The catalog mode hides the add to cart section of the product – if this wasn’t the case with variable products before then it wasn’t working as intended.”

That was very much the case before. It *was* working as intended (and as SwiftIdeas described it): Catalog Mode hid the add-to-cart section. Now, unlike before, enabling Catalog Mode *also* prevents the display of variable products.

Please tell me we don’t have to modify CSS+PHP to restore functionality to a sensible and advertised feature of a theme we purchased precisely to avoid such tinkering.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Apologies for the confusion – nothing has changed the theme side, so it may have been something in the WooCommerce update. I can see your reasoning and will look into this matter asap.

– Ed

Ben Urban

Thank you, Ed.

If it sheds any light, WooCommerce’s own “Catalog Visibility Options” extension seems to have undergone an update to address this issue of Variable Products disappearing after recent updates to WooCommerce. Below are the relevant lines from their changelog:

*** Catalog Visibility Options Changelog ***

2016-10-11 – version 2.8.4
    * Update: When prices are hidden, still allow variation descriptions to show up. This update overrides the javascript template used to build the variation markup, removing the price div.
    * Update: Hide variable subscription prices when a user does not have access to view prices.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

Thank you for that information – that will be the same reason for the change our side, and we’ll implement a similar solution I think.

Would you like this theme build before it’s released?

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.