Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Ability
    aleloiacono

Hi,

I intend to use qTranslate plugin as my multilingual solution. I’ve already installed it and it works pretty well, except that it doesn’t seem to be working on the home page, which is set up as a one page.

The menu gets translated as well as other elements. but not the pages that are shown within the homepage. Before I set up the one page configuration, the very same pages were translated correctly, but now it does not seem to work with the one page set up. Is there anything I need to do to enable qTranslate do its work?

You can check here:
    http://cultrum.com/cultrum1/en/

My default language is Spanish. If you follow the provided link (the English version) you’ll notice the menu is in English, but not the pages within the homepage. Of course I’ve created English versions for each individual page.

Thank you,
    Alejandro

Ben – SUPPORT

Hey, are you positive you’ve converted correctly.

Did you get any errors when making the “conversions”

Thanks
    Ben

aleloiacono

Hi,

I will assume that when you say “convert” you are referring to filling both languages. I think I have. I’m attaching a screenshot of the edit screen of one of the pages.

Thank you,
    Alejandro

Ben – SUPPORT

I’ve just had a look through and all seems to be working fine? Could’ve been a caching issue?

Thanks
    Ben

aleloiacono

Do you mean browser cache? Because I’m not using any cache plugin on that WordPress installation.

I have now emptied my browser’s cache. The translation problem persists, however, the slider now shows all the items I had loded. That was not working correctly. So… I guess there is something on the browser.

But is weird that having emptied my cache, the translation is still not showing right. I’ve been opened the site on a browser I had never opened the site before.

Any suggestions?

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi,

can you by any chance contact the plugin developers about this problem?
    There is a massive amount of plugins out there on the market. Each and every one is created by a different developer who uses their own techniques and code.
    Because of this, we cannot guarantee that everyone of them will work with our theme. When an issue arises, we will certainly try to do what we can to fix it though. The best thing to do first is to report the issue to the plugin developer because they know their own code better than we do. Let us know what the plugin developer reports back and we will see what can be done!

Thanks and all the best!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register