New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Using HostGator, can't install "private repository" plugins – getting 403 error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    walterhenson

I have performed a new install/activation of Cardinal on a new install of WordPress, using HostGator. I was able to perform installations on all the required/recommended plugins listed as “WordPress repository”, but these four plugins are listed as “Private Repository” and lead to a 403 error when I select “install”:

Cardinal Demo Content
    Go Pricing Table
    Revolution Slider
    WooCommerce QuickView

Thanks in advance.

walterhenson

Using the wordpress .zip install tool, I was able to individually upload all the plugins that were in the “Premium Plugins” sub folder of my downloaded Cardinal file folder, but I have not found the file for “Cardinal Demo Content”. Is this available elsewhere?

walterhenson

For anyone reading this down the road, I found the Demo Content Importer by using the WordPress->Install Plugins->Install link under Demo Content Importer. That led to a 403 message, so I looked at the link itself and found the location that link was trying to open, which in this case was:

cardinal.swiftideas.com%2Fextras%2Fplugins%2Fcardinal-importer.zip

replaced %2F with / and got

cardinal.swiftideas.com/extras/plugins/cardinal-importer.zip

which let me download the .zip, which I then uploaded via WordPress->Plugins->Add new. Hopefully this got the right file to the right place, so far it looks ok.

I’m not sure why this .zip wasn’t in the original Cardinal master files I downloaded via ThemeForest. Hopefully this helps. Looking forward to putting the theme to work!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

That seems a security issue with the Hostgator hosting.
    Glad you sorted it, if necessary we would have send you the link to that plugin.

-Rui

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register