Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    WEswift

Team – I installed and activated a plugin titled Simple Image Sizes to create additional image size defaults. Upon doing so, many previously hidden image size defaults appeared. Please see the attached screenshot. All the images listed below “Large Size” were revealed by the plugin. Are these sizes already automatically created by the theme? Thanks in advance. -Paul

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

All images prefixed with “sf-” are set with the theme. These image sizes are used to ensure that only the required size of image is loaded, to save bandwidth and improve load speeds.

– Ed

WEswift

Ed – that’s awesome. So are these images automatically generated by the theme whenever images are uploaded? If so, would it therefore not be necessary to establish (via WordPress Media Settings) the new image sizes listed here?: http://uplift.swiftideas.com/documentation/ -Paul

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Yes each time you upload 1 image it will be generated 1 image for each image size.
    What part of the documentation are you referring to?

-Rui

WEswift

The Content Images part of the documentation. Also here: http://uplift.swiftideas.com/documentation/2014/06/21/content-image-sizes/

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Guess we need to update that documentation. thanks for the heads up.
    -Rui

WEswift

So manually adding those image sizes for WordPress to generate via media settings isn’t necessary?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

no it isn’t they were added with code on the functions.php file
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ndjur0d8l8sgzkr/Screenshot%202016-05-13%2017.00.31.png?dl=0

-Rui

WEswift

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up!

WEswift

thought i marked this as resolved earlier… oops

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Don’t worry, is resolved.

-Rui

jaynkie

This was helpful – I had the same exact question and was researching easier ways to make all those images sizes on my own! LoL

Definitely update those help docs! They make it seem like you’re in for a few long nights of batching! ;-P

I wonder tho – what the image guidelines WOULD be then – just upload everything at the highest res possible? (max 4k?)

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You have to decide wether you want to sacrifice image quality or page speed, the higher quality images the slower the site will be, and visa versa

– Kyle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.