New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Updating posts adds paragraphs in the content

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
    librairiesel

Hi,

I’m having an issue with the text editor : when I use the shortcodes of the Page Builder (which are very useful !) and I update the post, WordPress adds <p> </p> tags between and after the shortcodes.

e.g. :
    [spb_single_image image=”231″ image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”no” link_target=”_self” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [spb_text_block title=”Something” pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”]
    Lorem ipsum
    sit dolor amec
    [/spb_text_block] [spb_single_image image=”289″ image_size=”large” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”] [spb_parallax bg_image=”272″ bg_type=”cover” alt_background=”none” el_class=”.citation-blog” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]

becomes, after update :

[spb_single_image image=”231″ image_size=”full” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”no” link_target=”_self” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [spb_text_block title=”Something” pb_margin_bottom=”no” pb_border_bottom=”no” width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”]

Lorem ipsum

sit dolor amec

[/spb_text_block] [spb_single_image image=”289″ image_size=”large” frame=”noframe” full_width=”no” lightbox=”yes” link_target=”_self” width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”] [spb_parallax bg_image=”272″ bg_type=”cover” alt_background=”none” el_class=”.citation-blog” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]

This is very annoying, because it is irregular (sometimes it does it, sometimes not) and it makes me lose a lot of time. And when I try to delete those paragraphs, I have to do it several times before it works.

I thought it was an issue relative to the Page Builder plugin. So I tried to find a solution on their support, but didn’t find anything similar to my problem.

After some tests, I’ve found that it only adds <p> when I modify something and then update the post.
    If I update without doing anything, it doesn’t affect the content.
    I’ve done screenshots and here’s what I noticed :
    – I created two blocs, didn’t change their default content, and saved the draft => no problems
    – I opened the second bloc, didn’t change its content and clicked on “save”, then updated the draft => a <p> have been added at the end of the first bloc
    – I did the same thing on the first bloc => a <p> before and a <p> after the second bloc
    – Again on the first bloc => same thing, so I now have 2 <p> before and 2 <p> after the second bloc (when I say before and after, I mean before and after the text contained in the bloc, like if I added padding to the bloc)
    – etc.

So the bloc affected is not the one I modify.

Here are the screenshots :

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    librairiesel

edit : the <p> are not added when I update the post but when I change something in “Page Builder mode”.

If I do changes in visual mode, there is not problem. But if I switch to Page builder mode, open a bloc, save it, and return to visual mode (without updating the post) the <p> will be there.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using the last version of Neighborhood?
    We will admin credentials to check the issue in you site if possible. Please use the private reply option.

-Rui

librairiesel
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Can you try disable the TinyMCE Advanced plugin and try to do the editing, because some times they add it or try to work in the Text Mode not in the Visual Mode.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

librairiesel

Hi,

You’re right, it comes from TinyMCEAdvanced.
    I first disabled it and it worked, but sometimes I could need it so I reactivated it and just unchecked the “Stop removing the <p> and <br /> tags when saving and show them in the Text editor” box and it works great now.

Thanks a lot ๐Ÿ™‚

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Glad it works ๐Ÿ™‚ Youโ€™re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Let us know, if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    laranz.

ninakublun

Hello!
    The solution of unchecking “Stop removing the <p> and <br /> tags when saving and show them in the Text editor” works, as it will delete all the extra <p> but…
    What happens if I want to keep the line breaks???
    There must be a solution to keep the line breaks!!
    Can you help me on this?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

WordPress doesn’t require you to use the <br> tag for line breaks, all you need to do is click the return key and go onto a new line

– Kyle

ninakublun

Dear kyle,

Thanks for your answer, but I guess my question was not formulated properly.
    Is there any way I can use “<br />” tags within your theme?
    I don’t want fake line breaks but real “<br />” tags inside my HTML.

Best regards!

Kyle – SUPPORT

It’s not our theme that doesn’t support them, it’s WordPress, see: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=br%20tags%20in%20wordpress

– Kyle

ninakublun

Dear Kyle,

I’m currently running more wordpress sites and as far as you introduce the “<br>” tag manually, it will stay there. The only thing you have to do is to avoid the WYSYWYG editor and work straight over the HTML.
    It looks more like a problem of your editor or even from tinyMCE.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Have you tried the Raw HTML asset?

– Kyle

ninakublun

There resides the problem!
    The raw html edition allows you to add the “<br />” tag, but as far as you save the content the line break is removed.
    If you check “Stop removing the <p> and <br /> tags when saving and show them in the Text editor” then they will stay, but nonsense paragraphs are added mostly randomly, for example, at the beginning of a column, and even some at the end:
    “<p></p>COLUMN CONTENT<p></p><p></p>”
    This means that, when you update contents, artificial and worthless paragrapsh are added (if you have the “Stop removing the <p> and <br /> tags when saving and show them in the Text editor” checked) and if you don’t have it checked, your “<br />” just disappear…
    How can we fix this?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I will forward this to the developer for you

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register