New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Unable to Update Included Sliders

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    rileyberg

I understand how to update the included plugin, but it is not working.

When I go to the install plugins page it shows that the plugin is outdated. Particularly Layer Slider and Master Slider (the layer slider is giving display errors after the last update when viewed from certain browsers).

When I click on UPDATE I get a message saying the plugin is up to date. BUT, then go back to the install plugins and it still shows out of date message. The other slider says that the update package is not available.

In certain browsers (Microsoft and sometimes Chrome), he sliders on my homepage and on the page located at conrad-blake.com/inaurguration are screwed up, with content from below scrolling over or under them.

The video is too large to attach, but I uploaded it to my site at: http://conrad-blake.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IMG_3073.MOV

Thanks for your help!

David Martin – Support

Can you add your FTP details? I’ll help you further.

Thanks.

rileyberg
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

I have now updated those. Please check those also.

Thanks.

rileyberg

Thank you. Unfortunately, that did not work. Here are the issues I’m seeing:

On home page (from the video I linked to above), the slider does not scroll out of view when you scroll. The content goes beneath the slider, except for the boxed content (which goes OVER the slider).

In the Inauguration page, the slider does not seem contained, and all of the content scrolls up and over the slider.

Please help! Thank you very much!

David Martin – Support

Sorry, I thought the issue was with the plugins not updating? – Assuming this part of the issue is fixed?

rileyberg
    rileyberg

What else can we do to fix the problem?

David Martin – Support

What operating system/version are you using? In your video is that the Google Chrome browser?

Thanks.

rileyberg
    David Martin – Support

Yes I see that also on my emulator, please add this to Theme Options => Custom CSS:

#main-container {
      position: relative;
    }

rileyberg

That worked! Thank you very much! The only unresolved issue is that when I scroll down to the bottom, the slider image begins to scroll over the footer. How can I resolve this? Thanks again!

David Martin – Support

Great! I cannot replicate that one on my emulator for Windows + Windows Edge or Chrome for now.

What devices do you see that one?

rileyberg

I’m seeing this on desktop computers in Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and on some computers I see it in Chrome.

I made a video of what I’m seeing so you might be able to provide some code without being able to emulate it on your computer. It’s too large to attach, so here is the link: http://conrad-blake.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/IMG_3095.MOV

Thanks!

David Martin – Support

Please also test this:

.swift-slider-parallax.swift-slider {
       top: 0;
    }
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register