New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Twitter Widget Problem

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    ielbury

The Twitter Widget has a problem where the $tweets and $username arguments are incorrectly passed to the sf_get_tweets function.

sf_get_tweets is expecting:

function sf_get_tweets($twitterID, $count)

But is being called with the following args:

$result .= sf_latest_tweet($tweets, $username);

Maybe this could be fixed on the next version so I don’t have to change code when I upgrade.

Thanks,

Ian

wccberg

Also have this problem which displays the following on my website

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/content/13/12173613/html/wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/sf-functions.php on line 215

Thanks

ielbury

@cvac01, I am not sure if this is your problem, but the Twitter oAuth plugin requires the PHP cURL module installed and activated.

It looks like you are on a Linux box, for Ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install php5-curl
    sudo service apache2 restart

Ed, I know that it was in the docs by way of a referenced article. It might make things easier for newbies like me If this requirement was highlighted as a point.

Cheers,
    Ian

wccberg

It worked before the latest update to WordPress 3.8? I did however recently move hosting accounts with the same host, just off of another shared hosting I had. Perhaps this has something to do with it?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

That function is different to the one that lists tweets, and is working fine here.

Are you still having the issue?

– Ed

ielbury

I changed the code in widget-twitter.php by reversing the arguments to make it work.

With your standard code, if I enter a count of 5, I get the tweets for @5.

I know that someone else in this forum has this same issue and it was related to a lower level api function signature change. When they changed the signature, they made it backwards compatible by checking for an int or string for the count. In this case, the check is broken when the count is passed in 1 versus ‘1’.

I suspect that depending on where the count comes from and if it’s converted to a proper int, it’s broken but in other places it’s not. Gotta love dynamic languages ๐Ÿ™‚

ielbury

I just looked at the original post and noticed the I wrote the wrong function and it should be sf_latest_tweet and not sf_get_tweets. My bad!

I still stand by my hypothesis that the arguments are backwards.

ielbury

Problem solved in 1.2. No code changes required.

Thanks for the support.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Yes, the twitter oAuth plugin changed their function and we updated that in v1.2 ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register