New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Twitter API v1.1 update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Twitter v1.1 API Update

We’ve just pushed an updated theme version to update the Twitter assets within the theme, in line with the new v1.1 of Twitter’s API. The v1.1 update requires oAUTH access, so we’ve had to incorporate that into how the theme pulls in Tweets.

In order to update your sites, what you need to do is:

Update your version of the theme via the WordPress dashboard.
    Install the Twitter oAuth Feed for Developers plugin.
    Follow step 1 from the guide here to create your Twitter APP, and get the required keys/tokens – http://www.webdevdoor.com/php/authenticating-twitter-feed-timeline-oauth/
    Enter these keys/tokens in Settings > Twitter Feed Auth.
    Check your pages, the Twitter widgets should work as expected.

I’ve tested and confirmed this as working, so you should have no issues at all. If you do, please double check the steps again and confirm you have everything created and set up correctly.

CHANGED THEME FILES

– style.css
    – functions.php
    – /includes/shortcodes.php
    – /includes/widgets/widget-twitter.php
    – /includes/page-builder/composer/lib/shortcodes/latest-tweet-bar.php

Ed

diegonavland

I get a Fata Error when I try to install the Twitter oAuth Feed for Developers plugin.

diegonavland

Ok The fatal error is caused by another plugin called Live Blogging, sorry.

azura_404

Hello,

I’m missing twitter follow in widget since the theme update.

Best

xmathx
    This reply has been marked as private.
    BrendaSarg

The changes you made to V1.9? It is not a new version #? Is that correct? Because I am currently on V1.9 but following these instructions has not given me a twitter feed ๐Ÿ™

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Brenda,

This is for the Supreme theme – latest version is 1.4, maybe you have a different theme?

Regards,
    โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Cosmin – Support

BrendaSarg

I have the Ability theme…but I was told to refer to this post for instruction on how to get my twitter feed back.

monicacouture

Hi, I have the v.1.4.2 of Supreme and followed all the steps described above and the twitter count and twitter feed are not working yet. I checked several times if the info I put was correct. Any suggestion?

Error: “Error while loading Twitter feed.”

wwiderock

Hi!

I was having that issue too, I thought I’ve read the widget is included.

I have tried the widget that twitter gives in a text widget and it works: (Twitter – config – widgets). It gives the html basic code for the twitter widget.

Please, let me know when you get the widget fixed. Thanks. :).

dube007

Hi

I have downloaded the latest version of Supreme theme (1.4) from themeforest, installed Twitter oAuth Feed for Developers plugin and followed your instructions above, but I still cannot get this to work. I suspect the files I downloaded are not up to date. /includes/widgets/widget-twitter.php has a call to the twitter API

$feed = fetch_feed('http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=' . $username);

Surely this shoud be to http://api.twitter.com/1.1/ …?

I had a look at the last modified date for this file and its 23rd Jan 2013….

Please confirm the latest files are for download on themeforest. Update from WordPress was not working for me.

Thanks
    Mark

renegade

I would like to update so that i can make use of the twitter features but i am concerned that i will loose all the customization i have done on my theme… can you please advise. is there a way around this?

dube007

Support, a reply to our questions would be nice. We have spent money on this theme after all ๐Ÿ™‚

I see unanswered questions since July the 8th. I really hope I don’t have to wait that long!

dube007

Support (Ben), I now see your post http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/slower-response-time-internet-issues-3/ re slower response time for support. ๐Ÿ™‚

wwiderock

Hi,

I don’t know if you are checking this, but just in case. The twitter pluggin is failing also when you try to include it in a post.

If you select twitter as a swift page builder, it comes up only in the sidebar because it is installed in the sidebar as a text widget, but it never comes as part of the page, as selected.

Maybe you could have a look.

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register