New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Nota Translation Issue & Fonts (latin extended)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    fuzzstudio

Hi Swiftideas,
    I have 2 small (I think) issues with Nota.
    First, I’m using Loco Translate to localize theme (Polish language). I need to translate placeholder text in Directory Map inputs and Search button. I found those items in Loco translate (and translate them), but Nota ins’t responding to the changes.

Second, I’m having trouble with polish diacritic sings on some browsers. Safari on desktop and mobile. I’m using Roboto from Google Fonts, thru theme options with latin extended library, but I’m still having an issu – diacrtitic signs is still displayed with different default font.

Please let me know what should I do or provide me a proper solution.

Thanks a lot, regards from Poland,
    Pawel

David Martin – Support

1) In the Nota child theme, could you amend the load_theme_textdomain('swiftframework' to load_theme_textdomain('nota' and then try again to translate? If loco fails you, you can try PoEdit which I much prefer: http://www.swiftideas.com/knowledgebase/translating-the-theme-using-poedit/.

2) Roboto is usually a solid font for that, could you provide a screenshot so I can investigate further?

fuzzstudio

1) Could you please give me a more detailed instruction? I’m more CSS guy, rather than php ๐Ÿ™‚
    2) To be specific – problem occurs only in Revolution Slider elements using Roboto.

David Martin – Support

1) Sure within the child theme folder open the file functions.php. Inside that you will find this line of PHP: load_theme_textdomain('swiftframework', please change it to: load_theme_textdomain('nota'.

2) Ah you need to set the fonts in Rev Slider also:

fuzzstudio

1. This piece of code, is already there in child-theme. Is there any way to fix this issue?
    2. Thanks a lot!

fuzzstudio

1. I’ve edited those strings with Poedit – still not working.

David Martin – Support

Could you add your FTP details, I’ll take a closer look at the .po file.

Have you added the edited ones to the child theme or overwritten the parent themes ones?

fuzzstudio
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Pawel,

I see, as that is a page builder element you actually need to add the translation to the Swift Framework plugin.

So same steps, but add the language files to wp-content/languages/, this file can be found in /plugins/swift-framework/languages/swift-framework-plugin-en_US.po – download it and rename it to swift-framework-plugin-pl_PL.po add your translations required and then create the .mo file and upload both.

fuzzstudio

Works like a charm ๐Ÿ™‚

Well, that was quite a trip, I recommend include this element for translation with the next update ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks David, have a nice day!

Cheers!

David Martin – Support

Hi,

There will always be a separation between theme/plugin translatable elements.

Glad to help you out anyhow.

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register