New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Thumbnail image size consistency

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    creativeworld17

Hello,

I have read all the threads on this topic and I’ve been able to make some progress by doing many of the things suggested, but I am at a lose for why I am still having this problem. My product images display at varying sizes. I have set my hard crops to all kinds of different ratios and I’ve resized my images to every option I’ve found talked about (1200×800, 1240×1240, 800×600, 1200×1200, etc) I have also tried leaving them at random sizes too. But there doesn’t seem to be a reason I can find that is causing some of my images to not adjust to a uniformed size. I have also regenerated my images multiple times. Before I upload to many more product images I want to resolve this issue so I don’t duplicate my work.

Can you please help me stop pulling my hair out and provide me some new ideas or take a look at my site to let me know what I am missing.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Are you sure the images you are uploading to WordPress are the correct ratios? The image ratio/size needs to be large enough to enable WooCommerce to regenerate your image size set in: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display.

You need to use this plugin to rebuild your thumbnails: https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

creativeworld17

Hi David,

I have been trying dozens of options to get this to work, but I am still stuck, however, slightly different than before.

The images I am uploading are 1200×800. The WooCommerce settings are a ratio of that. The single product image is where I am having the most trouble. What’s happening is the thumbnails are overlapping the single product image no matter what ratio I use in the upload file and WooCommerce. Also the single product image is either fuzzy or it has an auto zoom when you mouse over it that shows the full-size photo in the single product image area. I have the theme options for “override the product image width ON” and the “enable zoom on product image page OFF”.

I have tried uploading my files at all kinds of sizes in a ratio of 1200×800, 600×400 and even the demo sizing of 540×720 plus a few more. I have also tried various WooCommerce product image size setting sizes both in ratio to my uploads and random sizes. Ever variation produces a different result, but each time the single product image is either, too small, fuzzy, auto zooms over the scroll and/or the thumbnails overlap the image.

What I want to is a 3:2 image ratio for the single product images that display fully without any zoom and the thumbnails to not overlap them them. For the thumbnails and catalog images I am going to make them square, but as long as those sizes are within the upload product size they will scale down fine and in the odd case clip part of the image which I am okay with.

What am I missing or what is overriding my single product image that’s causing these problems? Is there a better ratio or some CSS in the theme that’s forcing my uploads and WooCommerce to act this way?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    creativeworld17

I forgot to mention I am regenerating thumbnails after every change, so that’s not a solution.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

A 3:2 ratio size would be: 1280 x 960 + hard crop on for the image settings. If you can set that and then rebuild the images to test. Note: the initial uploaded image should be that size or larger in order for a correct crop/resize to happen.

Please also add a URL/login.

Thanks.

creativeworld17
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Please install and activate the supplied child theme, inside the child theme functions.php file paste this:

function disable_srcset( $sources ) {
    return false;
    }
    add_filter( 'wp_calculate_image_srcset', 'disable_srcset' );

remove_theme_support( 'wc-product-gallery-zoom' );

This should resolve the image issue and remove the new Woo zoom.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register