New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Third Level Menu Issues (non mega-menu)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    dmblover41

Hello, I needed to create a traditional 3 level menu so I had to disable the mega menu. I have the menu set up and looking how I want it to, but I have an issue on the third level menu items. If you do not move directly to the right from the second to third level item (and select the the top menu item first), the submenu goes away.

See what I mean here: http://www.conrad-design.com/dev/duralum

Go to Contractors > Advertising and then try to select any submenu items of Advertising without going directly to the right to the item on top (Negotiating Media Buys) first.

Is there any way that the entire third level menu can stay active until the user completely leaves any of those menu items?

Thanks!
    Ryan

dmblover41

To clarify I’m looking for a way for the menu to stay open a little longer. I realize that if you don’t move directly to the right to the third level menu that you risk hitting the second level item below it which would then trigger the third level menu that was just opened to close. Is there any way once you over over “Advertising” that it can stay open for a minimum time (like 1 second let’s say), so that if a user moves diagonally to the bottom of the third level menu that it doesn’t close?

Melanie – SUPPORT

No sure if I understand correctly, but try if this improves it:

nav#main-navigation .menu ul.sub-menu ul.sub-menu {
    margin-left: 0px!important;
    }
    dmblover41

Thanks, that does help a bit! I understand the request was a bit ridiculous, but my (non tech savvy) client asked, so I thought I’d find out. It makes complete sense that if you don’t directly go to the menu item that the submenu closes. It’s just different than a menu that drops straight down as users have to go down past the first menu item to get to any of the others, so there’s no risk of rolling over other menu items to close the submenu like there is when the submenu pops out on the right.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Now I understand even less ๐Ÿ˜€

I thought the problem was this little space between first and second level of submenus, so that if you are too slow to reach the second level, your mouse pointer hits the small space and the second menu closes, so I pulled it closer to the first level with the css. But it seems that was not it?

Oh, wait, you mean that if you are on a first level menu item and the second submenu opens, if you leave the first level menu item trigger the second submenu closes again. Yes that is completely intentional and cannot be changed, since there is always a possibility for the next menu item also to have a submenu, which would not be able to show if we keep the first item’s submenu on the second menu item trigger as well.

Does that sound complicated or what? ๐Ÿ™‚

dmblover41

Yes you got it! It sure does sound complicated. I was thinking the same thing when I tried to explain it. Your explanation is pretty much what I thought. I suppose my only hope was that there’s a way to set a minimum time for the submenu to open once you over over the first level menu item that triggers it. But it’s probably more of a hassle to figure that out than it’s worth.

Melanie – SUPPORT

I’m afraid that’s not possible ๐Ÿ™

You see, imagine we have a sub menu of 4 items and each of those items has a third level sub menu. Now a user is not interested at all in the first three, but only wants to go to the fourth menu item to open its sub menu.
    If we set a minimum time of 1 second per third submenu level to stay opened, it would take those users three seconds until they could open the fourth item’s submenu, this would annoy the heck out of them.

Thank you for understanding!

All the best

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register