New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Theme permissions issue (Are you sure you want to do this?)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    zorrobyte

Having an issue installing a fresh copy of the Cardinal theme from themeforest. I’m able to FTP the theme manually but updates never work.

I’ve tried recursively setting the permissions to 755 with no luck.

Where can I download a working theme browser installable copy of Cardinal?

zorrobyte

For additional information I have tried completely reinstalling wordpress, reinstalling my VPS, downloading and archiving a new copy from the updates folder (as updates fail).

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    The best solution I have found to automatic update issues like this is fixing the ownership/permissions on the upgrade folder.Please delete the upgrade folder in wp-content. Recreate the folder and reset permissions to 777. If it still dont work then drop your email here to send latest version of theme.

Thanks
    Mohammad

zorrobyte
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I have just sent it so please check your inbox.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

zorrobyte

I solved the issue. For anyone having this problem with any theme including Cardinal, please set in your php.ini:

max_execution_time = 120
    max_input_time = 120
    memory_limit = 64M
    But also increase the
    ; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
    post_max_size = 10M

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
    upload_max_filesize = 10M

to a value larger than your theme file.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue. Great! thanks to share the solution.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

markfordham

Hey guys, I seem to have a similar issue I think. I am unable to upload the zip theme file in wordpress. It just hangs at 2%. When I upload the theme folder through ftp I get a message in wordpress saying that the ‘stylesheet is unreadable’. I have checked the files in my hosting account and the permissions are different to the other theme folders. The folders have permissions of 705 and the files 000. Other themes have permissions of 755 and 644. I attempted to change the permissions but there are so many to change it would take ages. I am not sure what to do. I have contacted my hosting company about it as well. My upload limit is 8mb so is that why I cant upload the zip file through wordpress as it is about 9.9mb? Is max upload 8mb standard though? I am not sure if this has any affect on the permissions though. Any help would be much appreciated. I am currently running Dante and want to update to cardinal.

Cheers

Mark

markfordham

No worries, I spoke to hosting account and they have changed the permissions of the files. Not sure why they were wrong. Cheers guys.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

HI,
    Its ok. I am glad that you managed to resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register