New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Theme conversion from Flexform to Cardinal Issue

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    graf007

Everything seemed to go OK with the instructions for find replace that you give us except for the buttons.

Any idea what we can do to resolve this. Buttons are throughout the site, but the easiest way to see what we mean is on the home page.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Do you refer to these buttons?

[DM Edited] – response updated.

graf007

Those buttons were genterated from flexform shortcodes. I need that brought over to cardinal. Login and check!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Those shortcodes are a bit different(the parameters), unfortunately, you need to recreate them by hand. It’s faster that way.

-Rui

graf007

Is that SUPPORT!!?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I told you my opinion about it, it’s faster to remake those buttons by hand.
    If there isn’t a viable solution by code what you expect from us? If there was an easy solution we would provide.

p.s- Didn’t appreciate your comment, you have 134 replies in our support so I guess you already know our work.

-Rui

graf007
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Well, if that was easy we had made that. I Was thinking that was only those buttons in the homepage.
    Will forward to Ed to see if there is anything he can do.

-Rui

David Martin – Support

I’d like clarify further as your button code is slightly different.

The Flexform button for shortcodes looks like this, which you are correctly using:

[button colour="accent" type="standard" size="small" link="http://" target="_blank"]Button text[/button]

`Our standard HTML output looks like this:

<a class="sf-button small accent standard " href="http://" target="_blank"><span>Button text</span></a>

However, your HTML output looks like this:

<a class="dobdev-red-button" href="http://www.fecca.com/how-to-join/" data-userway-font-size="14">Button</a>

Q: Have these buttons been customised by youselves? The HTML does not originate from our framework.

I have looged into your site now and copied your content to my local dev site. If I search and replace [button for [sf_button and /button] for /sf_button] the buttons do display. However as the paramters are slightly different, values such as the color are not adhered to. Though, this could be resolved by also using the search and replace to change that value.

Hopefully this helps you further, we are happy to assist you in sorting this.

Thanks,
    David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register