New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante The Revolution Slider trying to execute queries that are too resource intensive

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    tynus

Hi,
    After two weeks and intensive chat support with the server admin(s), It showed that the revolution slider is causing all kinds of 500-errors and dbase connection problems.

The theme/slider/site is just trying to execute queries that are too resource intensive and causing these errors.
    They say that I need to contact the developer to review the code since the slider is not able to execute
    since the script takes longer than 30 seconds, it just won’t run. (see my private remark with the link to the site, you can see it for yourself)

I have also two sites running with this slider (pinpoint themes) and with them I never had this problem. So it appears to be a Dante theme-problem?

Many people (like me) are on a Shared or Reseller Hosting package, and there ae limits that can’t be adjusted. Here are the hostgator’s limits and php settings that can’t be changed:

safe mode = Off (cannot adjust)
    memory_limit = 256M (MAXIMUM)
    max_execution_time = 30 (MAXIMUM in seconds)
    max_input_time = 60 (MAXIMUM in seconds)
    post_max_size = 64M (MAXIMUM)
    upload_max_filesize = 64M (MAXIMUM)
    enable_dl = Off (cannot adjust)

So if your other themes are working just fine on these settings, then there must be something that is causing the dante theme not to work properly. For instance, the sample import did not work (dante_demo-content.xml), I saw many questions about this on the forum, sos many people did not get this to work and had to use the “dante_demo-content-alt.xml” in stead.

I’m using the latest version of the theme version 2.01 and the latest version of the revolution slider version 4.1.4.

Will there be an update soon for the theme? Or do you have another better solution?

I’ve also read this thread:
    http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/site-super-slow-from-revolution-slider/

But the solutions here did not help, actually, when activating the “Better WordPress Minify” plugin, the whole theme collaps! It is totally broken up and the site isn’t functional anymore.

Please advice,
    thank you

tynus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

Sorry for getting you late, I ask the developer to check this out.

I check the site speed, and its good http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/edFSuZ/http://tanita.hostinghype.com/binnenkort-online/

Did you have the server errors 500 it gave in the error logo?

Thanks,
    laranz.

tynus
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi tynus,

The amount of memory/queries the slider will use depend on the number of slides/images/layers etc.

There is nothing in Dante over Pinpoint that would cause these issues, in fact the code has been vastly improved since then.

As for the Better WordPress minify issue, please make sure you have the Revolution Slider JS to load in the footer (Revolution Slider > Global Settings). We can only guarantee working with the theme, and not every plugin (as some may load their JS incorrectly).

Hope that helps.

– Ed

tynus

Hi Ed,
    I sort of came to the same conclusion. I did make sliders with this plugin before using pinpoint and others. Never had any problems, some of them where up to 10 slides even…. but..they where not in such a big size as it is used (and I love that) in the Dante theme.
    I think I’ll have to reduce the amount of slides and narrow it down to maybe three, and try to “fit” everything in to just these three slides. I’ll have to experiment then.

About the Better WordPress minify issue; I have read that before in this forum somewhere, but I can’t find that particular setting in revolution slider. I’m using version 4.1.4.

I’ve just put the setting of Revolution Slider JS to load in the footer (Revolution Slider > Global Settings). but still the whole theme collaps 🙁
    (see a small part of the printscreen, just to give you an idea)
    I’ve deactivated the Envato plugin, since I read somewhere on this forum, that they might conflict. But that did not help also.

Any other suggestions about this? I would love to use it, just like you guys, so to speed up the site.

Thanks, Ed.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

When you see that broken page, check the browser console log, and paste whatever is in there here – that should help me see the issue.

– Ed

tynus
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

This will be your issue:

15:48:57.194 TypeError: jQuery(…).flexslider is not a function min:53

Do you have any plugins that add in flexslider that you know of?

– Ed

tynus
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok, the error is actually – https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij0llecc6rxmcv5/Screenshot%202014-02-18%2012.19.18.png

You may want to check with your host to see if there is anything in your server logs which could point to the issue – other than that, it may just be a case of a plugin you use isn’t compatible with being minified for some reason.

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register