New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Text strings reverting to incorrect language in Theme Options

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Olecomm,

Can you please detail to me how you are doing this:

– I then go to WPML and translate this “123″ value with my 2nd language translation. say: “456″. This part, too, works…

This is the only possible issue I can see in the process. If you could also let me know which field you are translating, then that will help me too.

Thanks,

– Ed

Olecomm

“123” is entered in Dante’s Theme Options fields.
    Let’s say “Top Bar left text config” in Header Options…

Then I go to WPML’s String Translation… I search for “123” and find it…
    I enter the translation… let’s say “456” and check the translation as completed.

All this above works.

The bug is, when I go back to Dante’s Theme Options, the field value is now “456”.
    And it’s the same for all fields.

So as soon as I change anything in Dante’s theme options, the “456” value (the translation) get saved as the 1st language value (supposed to remain “123”, what was entered first…)

So if I go back in WPML String Translation, I cannot find anymore the “123” because it is lost, just replaced with “456” which is supposed to be the translated string, and not the “source” string.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Olecomm,

Just tested this out for myself, and can confirm that it is working 100% as expected here, so I can only assume something must be wrong with how you are translating it.

See here:

1) English text in the theme options: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmp7kbm37rkivp0/Screenshot%202014-06-16%2018.32.32.png
    2) String translation WPML screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/034zjfax2wr8c9v/Screenshot%202014-06-16%2018.32.42.png

After saving the string translation, I return to the theme options, and it is still the english translation. On the front-end of the site, it is English on English, and French on French.

Can you see a mistake your side from this? If not, I’ll happily take a look if you provide a login.

– Ed

Olecomm
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can you show me your version of my 2nd screenshot. I’m checking your site and cannot see the same. I also cannot update the theme options – something you’ve changed to cause this? When I try updating the left text config, it has no effect.

Also on front-end, 123 is showing on English, and 456 on French – as expected?

– Ed

Olecomm
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@Olecomm – checked again on my setup, and I am able to freely change the theme options value once the translation is set up. It doesn’t have any restriction for me.

In these cases, we usually request for the customer to take this up with WPML – as it looks to be a plugin issue. If they check it, and decide that the theme is at fault, then they let us know the issue and we fix it immediately.

Other than that, replacing the theme files with a fresh version may help. Hopefully WPML can resolve this issue for you asap!

Thanks,

– Ed

Olecomm

Ed, this is the second ticket for the same problem (with Mohammad first ticket for SwiftIdeas), and we were transfered to WPML. WPML must take care of the problem with SWIFTIDEAS (Helena Petridou – [email protected]) and give us a solution. But since no news. With your last answer, I suppose that the procedure will close this ticket again. And it only remains for us to hope that the problem will be solved with a new update … super…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks – I am still waiting to hear back from them. I have replied with everything they have requested.

– Ed

miguelsoler

Hi

We have just the same problem with Neighborhood theme. Is there any update or solution to this issue?

Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@miguelsoler – unfortunately still waiting. I have chased and they assure me they are working on it.

– Ed

mogelinas

Hi,

Any updates on that problem, I’m having the exact same problem with Neighborhood 1.90, Woocommerce 2.1.12, WP 3.9.1

When I first started to build my site, I entered french values for every Theme Options that I needed to be in french. Then I realized it needed to stay in English in Theme Options and translate it to french in WPML String Translations. That’s what I’m trying to do right now, but every time I revert the values back to english (to translate them in WPML) they go back to the translation I do in WPML String Translation. So step by step here’s what’s happening:

1. In Theme Options : The Values are in french (from the first time I changed them), then I change them to english and press save. Everything is OK for now.
    2. I go to WPML strings translation : The new english string I just changed in Theme Options appears as
    Context : admin_texts_theme_neighborhood
    Title : [sf_neighborhood_options]checkout_new_account_text
    String : Creating an account with… —> (The text I just added in Theme Options)
    3. When I add the French translation for this string and check the box for translation complete, Status is now Translation Complete
    4. When I go back to Theme Options, the value is now changed for the french translation I just did!

I don’t know if it will help you, but I noticed some old strings I created (in english) appear as : Context : theme swiftframework (instead of admin_texts_theme_neighborhood). And if I write these exact strings in my Theme Options page, the translation to French works fine on the frontend. The only problem is that I don’t have a theme swiftframework context for each strings I create. Instead, they appear as admin_texts_theme_neighborhood, and when I translate these values, it changes in my Theme Options and not on the Frontend.

It looks like it doesn’t find every theme swiftframework strings I create and instead creates a admin_texts_theme_neighborhood that changes the values I create in Theme Options.

Please help me with this SwiftIdeas! Thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @mogelinas

If you just set this all in the WPML plugin, i.e. the setting for each language, does all work as intended?

I can only assume this is something that WPML overrides, and hence why you see the changed value in the theme options panel.

– Ed

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register