New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Team page link instead author page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    xmathx

Hi.I don’t know the codex for my question: in the bottom of the post, there are thumbnail of the autho, his name and a link. This link leads to the page /author/NAME. I wish this link to go to its page from custom post Team / (/?team=NAME).

Thank you for your help.
    best regars. mathieu

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

You’d need to manually edit single.php to achieve this. You can edit the link on line 195.

– Ed

xmathx

thank you for the quick answer. Yes I know, but I do not know how to tell wordpress that the author (= user) displayed is equal to a person of the team and take the url of the team page.

I allowed myself to ask the question because it is still weird to have a custom post “team” and the link “more about author” will not just on the team page but the archive user!

borghal

I guess the reasoning behind this is that team members are not necessarily authors on a site… However, I would also like to have the ability to relate team members to authors on WordPress.

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi guys,

The team items are custom post types and totally separate from authors; I don’t think there will be any change on that soon. I know of one plugin, but to be honest I haven’t tried it out: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/posts-to-posts/

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

xmathx

Thank you for your help. Interesting plugin ! I choose finally “Redirect” plugin.

Best regards.

Mathieu

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Glad to hear you’ve got it working as you needed, Mathieu 🙂

If you like the product and support, please do rate the theme in your ThemeForest Download section, we would greatly appreciate it!

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register