New Landing How can we help? Cardinal syntax error in Cardinal 2.16

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    jackself

After upgrading to WordPress 4.2.3 and Cardinal v. 2.16 I get a parse error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /var/www/vhosts/millenniumpeople.co.uk/subdomains/honeys/httpdocs/wordpress/wp-content/themes/cardinal/includes/options/inc/themecheck/class.redux_themecheck.php on line 197

I can fix it by replacing code on lines 197 and 213 in the class.redux-themecheck.php file, but this isn’t really a solution – also if I do that I can’t use Swift framework in the post editor…

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think it’s related to your php version.
    Can you check with the hosting support if the version is 5.3+ ?

-Rui

jackself

Hi Rui,

I asked my web provider to upgrade to a higher PHP, which was a success. I was then prompted to re-upgrade to 2.16, which I did. In the upgrade all my sidebar widgets were deleted, many of which were custom html. Is this normal, and is there any way to get them back, it would be a huge work to re-code them all.

Thanks.

Jack

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Strange the update doesn’t change the database.
    I just check and they aren’t also in the Inactive Widgets.

Can you somehow restore a database backup before the widgets disappeared?

-Rui

jackself

that is weird. I’ve contacted my hosts, hopefully they can restore an old database. Thanks.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem.
    -Rui

Vitor Goersch

Hello,

I had the same error message in a client’s website that has been delivered to him in February with Cardinal in its version 1.9x (I dont’t remember the exact version, but it was previous to the 2.0) and wordpress 4.1.1. I can’t say if he has updated WordPress or Cardinal, although Bluehost has been updating wp automatically recently, so it was at least at 4.1.4 by this month.

Then the client is saying that by August 5th the site “disappeared” after he simply deleted on page in the admin panel. The admin page is also gone. I can’t say if this is actually the only thing he has done, but the date also matches the period other people started getting this messages as in this topic. He reached Bluehost a few days later and they had no backup before August 5th and the later ones didn’t had any effect.

He contacted me this week and after a saw this post I contacted the host, checked that php was 5.2, updated it to 5.4, updated wp to 4.3 and re-uploaded Cardinal version 2.20. Nothing happens.

Here is the site address (http://acessoestacionamentos.com.br/) and the error messages that appear in the log everyday since then:

[05-Aug-2015 17:34:07] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /home1/acessoes/public_html/wp/wp-content/themes/cardinal/includes/options/inc/themecheck/class.redux_themecheck.php on line 197
    [12-Aug-2015 13:03:45] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘GADWP_Frontend_Widget’ not found in /home1/acessoes/public_html/wp/wp-includes/widgets.php on line 560

Please, give some light here.
    Thanks!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Vitor,

That issue points to PHP needing an update to work with the latest WordPress – also, a plugin is throwing the 2nd error. Neither are related to the theme.

– Ed

Vitor Goersch

You are right, Ed. I removed the plugin and was able to retrieve access to the admin.

Thanks!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Great thanks to Ed.
    Mohammad 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register