New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Swift Slider video loading

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    themartist

Just a question about the loading of self hosted video in the swift slider as opposed to how vimeo works.

If I have 2 slides each with self hosted video in the swift slider (3mb plus 7mb) – can this be streamed efficiently so as not to add to load time before the site loads… or is vimeo a better alternative? (In which case I would rather use the layer slider). Ive tried to optimize the lowest possible filesize for whats required but am concerned that it will still slow things down considerably.

I’m not sure as to how well self hosted video streams. I know the advantage of vimeo is the buffering and the optional video controller/mute buttons. What would you consider the advantages of self hosted video?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Self hosted videos are good for backgrounds, as you can’t use vimeo for backgrounds. However if you’re using self hosted videos we recommend hosting them on https://aws.amazon.com/s3/ to prevent slowing down your site too much.

– Kyle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register