New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Swift-Slider header bug

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    themartist

In doing some edits on the homepage, suddenly the swift slider header has been disabled. In trying to set the swift slider to show again – using naked/light, swift slider, home categories – it doesn’t save the setting – ultimately removing the slider from the header altogether.

I did experience this once before, but on refilling in the page header/slider settings it worked. This time it won’t work at all.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

That’s odd, not had anyone with this issue before and works fine on our installations. I will check this for you now

– Kyle

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok I’ve managed to replicate the issue, not a clue why that is happening. Could you please deactivate your plugins and see if that fixes the issue?

– Kyle

themartist

Just tried that -no result unfortunately. Deactivated all plugins. Same issue – the header won’t save.

The only co-incidence I remember is that it happened after inserting a row of 8 1/2 icon boxes with custom images set to fade from bottom.

themartist

I had also changed from default to blank-header-no footer(full width) which may have caused a bug somewhere. I reset it to default but nothing is allowing the swift slider header to return. It remains unable to save the settings.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I also confirmed the same behavior in your site. Will forward to Ed to see if finds out something.

-Rui

themartist

Thanks

Should be nothing unusual with my site at all hardly any plugins or css changes made. Its all cardinal right out of the box – has to be a bug.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

It seems that page has become corrupted – no meta options will save. I’ve enabled the swift slider for you manually in the custom fields – but if you have repeat issues, I’d recommend copying the content to a new page and using that new page instead.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

themartist

Thanks Ed – but unfortunately your custom fields didn’t work either. Definitely a problem with the theme. The workaround I’ve done is as you’ve mentioned – copying to a new page. Unfortunatley I’m on home#4 – as each page after a few edits suffers from the same inability to save the meta.

themartist

In editing a swift slider I got the following error page:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 37486592) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /nfs/c09/h04/mnt/138506/domains/voicetoon.com/html/wp-content/themes/cardinal/swift-framework/content/sf-post-formats.php on line 379

themartist

now the whole site is down. Ughhh better create a new topic.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Looks as if you’ve only got 40mb of Memory set up – I’d recommend you increase that to at least 64/128mb. You can usually do this in your hosting control panel, but you may need to ask your host.

– Ed

themartist

sorted ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register