New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Swift Page Builder vs Visual Composer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    Ian

I am a huge fan of the Swift Page builder and much prefer it to Visual Composer. I do find myself occasionally tempted when I find a great Visual Composer plugin on CodeCanyon. But I can not bring myself to give up Swift Page builder.

So what I am suggesting is a bit of a strategic item. If it is possible I would suggest that your team write a guide to converting Visual Composer components into Swift Page builder components. This would give a guide for skilled individuals to possibly convert Visual Composer components on their own. I would consider going a step further and add the guide to codecanyon at perhaps 99¢ in an effort to get developers to produce duplicate versions of their Visual Composer plugins as Swift Page builder ellements.

Thanks for the great support as always.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks Ian for the kind words.

Well nothing stop you from using it together, of course it will create some additional work because you would have to copy the VC shortcodes(or using Templatera that does the same has our SPB sections) and paste it inside an SPB TextBlock.

Will forward to Ed so he can reply about your thoughts.
    Thanks

-Rui

Ian

My thoughts here is to compare things to Apple, its all about the ecosystem. Visual composer is starting to build an ecosystem that will attract a lot of WordPress users. Convincing other developers to build Swift Page builder compatible plugins, would help build an ecosystem around Swifts products.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

definitely a good idea, let’s wait for Ed reply.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Ian. I think for this to be viable, we’d need to start selling the SPB as a standalone plugin – which while we’d like to do, we’ve got a lot of things we’d want/need to do to improve it first.

We’re working on a redesign for early next year, hopefully then we can think about a standalone plugin for sale.

– Ed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.