New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Swift Page Builder – Text(Non-visual) and Distraction Free Mode not Functional

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    strLuke

Currently there seems to be a bug which has developed after almost a year of using the Dante theme. In the swift page builder, when editing a text widget (or similar) the non-visual text editing mode no longer functions. If I click on the button for it, nothing happens. Likewise distraction free writing mode also doesn’t function properly, and upon clicking the button for it, the entire page fades out except for one or two elements of the main page, without any area to enter text. The page returns to normal as soon as I move the mouse.

I’ve tried creating the content in Chome, IE, and Firefox, and all exhibit the exact same issue, leading me to believe it has something to do with the configuration of the website or the PHP version on the server the website is run on.

Thank you for your help.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Are you referring to the button the page builder?

– Kyle

strLuke

I am specifically talking about these two buttons in the lower right of this image:

View post on imgur.com

The “Text” button specifically does absolutely nothing if I click on it.

Kyle – SUPPORT

It’s working absolutely fine for me: http://d.pr/i/1h29G/57mEozYm

– Kyle

strLuke

I have no doubt it’s working for you.

I’m asking what I can do to fix it on my website, where it recently stopped working.

Kyle – SUPPORT

What browser are you using?

Try disabling all of your plugins

– Kyle

strLuke

As I mentioned in my post, I’ve tried it in Chrome, IE, and Firefox. The behavior is exactly the same (broken) in each.

Disabling plug-ins has made no difference.

Could it have been caused by a php version update on the server?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Possibly yes, what happens when you activate TwentyFifteen? Same issue?

– Kyle

strLuke

Activating the TwentyFifteen theme seems to fix the issue; switching back to Dante causes the problem again, so it’s definitely centered around the Dante theme.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok please provide me with your login to check

– Kyle

strLuke

That’s not something I’m allowed to do.

What did you plan to check? Is there any possibility I can check it for you?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please click the button and then open the console log to check for any errors

– Kyle

strLuke

I don’t know which console you’re talking about. If you are talking about the browser’s console, it doesn’t appear to report anything when clicking on the button.

Kyle – SUPPORT

It’s working fine on my demo so not sure what’s causing it to not work on yours, have you tried another browser?

– Kyle

strLuke

I’m not saying it’s broken in all instances of the Dante theme. I’m saying it’s broken with my specific installation of the theme. It was working once, then sometime in the past few months, something changed and it no longer works.

And yes, I have tried it in Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome. The behavior is exactly the same in all three browsers.

Another symptom of this issue is that on the second and all subsequent modifications of any content created with the swift page builder, such as a page or post, has extra line breaks added to the top and bottom of any text boxes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register