New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Swift Page Builder Not Working w/ PHP 7.0 and 7.1 Has Blank / Missing Content

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years by Roopos.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    BitTyrant

Supreme theme version 1.6.1 (the latest as of Feb 2017) with the Swift Page Builder works fine with PHP 5.5.38 and PHP 5.6.30

When the same server, code, and databases are upgraded to PHP 7.015 or 7.1.1 the Swift Page Builder immediately does not work. It does not work even with no plugins activated and without a child theme.

Screenshots show how the page builder’s editing sections are empty/blank so there is no way to edit a page

Downgrading from PHP 7 to PHP 5.6 makes things immediately start working again. Hence, this is consistently reproducible and linked to PHP 7.

Since the Swift Framework is part of the Supreme theme it’s not possible to upgrading the Swift Framework without risk of breaking future theme updates (assuming there will be future updates).

Using the WordPress’ Classic Editor is not practical because the content is littered with Swift Builder markup.

Similar issues have been reported on the Dante theme and other places but no fix is suggested.

Dante and PHP 7 – Swift Page Builder breaks

PHP 7 Version pagebuilder disappears

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Any change to provide us the site url and admin credentials to have a look?
    Thanks

-Rui

BitTyrant

If it were necessary we could setup a cloned virtual environment. However, since this issue only appears on PHP 7+ it seems it would be faster and easier for everyone to debug in your own virtual environment with PHP 7, a clean install of WordPress and the Supreme theme. Agreed?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just copy this file to wp-content/themes/supreme/includes/page-builder/composer/lib

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k16htmfg5fm5s5l/shortcodes.php?dl=0

This will sort it.

-Rui

BitTyrant

Thanks. The patch above seemed to do the trick.

Should we expect this patch to make it into a future Supreme release? Will Supreme have future releases?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Great. Glad it worked.
    Not sure about it, will forward to our head developer.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @BitTyrant

Update will be released in the next 48 hours, thanks for your patience.

– Ed

Roopos

Good evening Rui and Swiftideas support team,

As reported by BitTyrant I am facing the same issue with Swift Page Builder with Dante wordpress theme (installed in 2014, last updated in 2015 v2.76). Since I updated wordpress to 5.3.2, moved to PHP 7.3 (ionos), I had to reactivate Classic Editor to access the Swift Page Builder options (the Swift Page Builder didn’t show/work with new WordPress blocks editor).
    So I can now access to Page Swift Builder, but now it is impossible to edit/save contents (all contents are erased and blocks are then white, as shown in BitTyrant Printscreens)

How would you recommend to resolve this issue ?

Do I have to install the same kind of patch for Dante theme ? If yes where do I download / copy it ?

or

How can I update Dante theme without compromising my website content (I downloaded the new version of Dante), in order to make the Swift Page Builder works again with WordPress 5.3.2 ? (I have a 6 months support until August 2020 and downloaded last version of Dante)

Thanks in advance for your help !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.