New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Swift Page Builder giving odd message

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    jamesdshort

It is hard to describe what is going on, but I’ll try. I’ve built this particular page using Swift Page Builder and everything was fine. Then, all the sudden every time I would hit “update” it would pop up with this box saying: “By switching to the page builder, any content not in page builder assets will be removed for consistency.” Since this message started appearing, I am unable to switch from “Visual” view to “Text” view…it is grayed out.

Also, each time I update the page, the content in my toggle fields gets pushed down a line or two…I have to keep deleting blank space out of the top (see screenshot that shows “EDIT TOGGLE” for the “Rehearsal Calendar”).

I’m very puzzled by this. Please help!

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jamesdshort

FYI – I deactivated several plug-ins to test if that was the issue and it wasn’t.

1) Total Cache
    2) Postie (which I’m using for that page)
    3) PS Disable Auto Formatting (which I’m using for that page)

Help!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @jamesdshort

Is there any other content in the page, that was added/edited without the Page Builder?

Can you try adding that toggle on a new page on it’s own to test?

– Ed

jamesdshort

No, I don’t think so. Everything on this page is either a Swift Code Element or basic text. I do not think I used Classic mode at all.

These two issues are not isolated to this page. Any page I open gives me the”By switching to the page builder, any content not in page builder assets will be removed for consistency” message. Also, if I open a text element (whether toggle or not) it will push text down and/or add space to the bottom of the text each time I open/close the element.

Does that answer your questions? Thanks for your help!

David Martin – Support

@jamesdshort – whilst we test this further, can you disable all plugins? Or do you have a staging site available?

Thanks.

jamesdshort
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @jamesdshort

I’ll take a look now – don’t worry about disabling plugins, I can do that if needed.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @jamesdshort

Just created a new page, switched to page builder – no message showed up. Added a text element, added some text, hit save, edited again and no extra space added.

I’ve noticed that I am unable to go to the “Text” tab of the editor in the edit modal screen, this is likely down to a plugin. I would suggest disabling one by one to see if you can find the culprit.

Taking a look at your plugins, this one looks like it may be troublesome – “PS Disable Auto Formatting”

– Ed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register