New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Swift page builder – Formatting of text disappears from text box after saving

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    manofmany

After adding a text block in the swift page builder, I formatted some of the text as heading 3 and some text as Heading 6 with a hyperlink.

After saving the page as draft, all the formatting of the text block disappears. The whole block is now formatted as paragraph and the hyperlink gone.

I only noticed this issue a couple of days ago. I need to publish articles to our website using Swift Page builder ASAP, so your assistance ASAP would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @manofmany

This started occurring with the WordPress 4.8 update when they adjusted the TinyMCE editor. We have released a Swift Framework update to resolve this – please make sure you have the latest available version, and then clear your browser cache.

Thanks,

– Ed

zac55

I have the same issue. I have updated everything and cleared my browser cache and it’s still happening.

BryceCSD

Me too. I posted my thread here and I am not getting any response. This need to be fixed ASAP.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This was identified and a release prepared and sent out. Please be sure you have updated to the latest Swift Framework plugin version from your dashboard.

As this change involved amending the plugin core JS files, you will need to refresh the browser cache to pull in the new files.

There were two issues:

1) Disappearing page builder content – resolved.

2) Formatting removed – resolved.

Thanks.

zac55

I have the latest updates, including Swift Framework. I have clear my browser cache. When I click to edit any of my pages, it has none of my formatting saved. I’m not sure if this issue is resolved then…

David Martin – Support

Please add a WP login for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

zac55
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I’m seeing it fine.
    https://cl.ly/2U1F0p3s1f3x/Image%202017-06-21%20at%205.15.07%20PM.png

I also purged the cache from your plugin, not sure you have done it but it was necessary.

If you saved any content before this update, it will be necessary to fix it by hand because the updated plugin doesn’t change automatically any existent content.

-Rui

zac55

I just checked again. The issue is still happening. You can confirm it by looking at the font for say this page – http://weddingvideoscolorado.com/packages/ … If you look at the page on the internet, you will notice that there are some text in bold, some as Headings, there is formatting to the font. When you click, “Edit Page”, and go to the swift editor, all the font information in wiped clean. If I saved the page, it would just all be plain paragraph text again and I would need to re-do all the bolding, the heading titles, and it removes images too.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.