New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante "SWIFT is not defined" error after 2.82 -> 3.06 upgrade

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    cormip

The error occurs in functions.js line 2748:

`SWIFT.parallax.parallaxVideoResize(parallaxAsset);

I am seeing some erratic behavior now related to loading and resizing of videos…

This error is reported by Chrome, Firefox and IE(11).

cormip

Hmmm, also, smoothscroll links no longer work, throwing an error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘top’ of undefined

functions.js line 151

jQuery('html, body').stop().animate({
    	scrollTop: jQuery(linkHref).offset().top + spacerHeight - headerHeight - 10
    }, 1000, 'easeInOutExpo');
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @cormip

The first is fixed for the next update. For the second, check the element actually exists on the page?

– Ed

cormip

It scrolls to the correct section of the page, only it does not do it smoothly. I no longer see where I can add an optional class (smooth-scroll-link) to menu items like in this picture.

What I see is attached below.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Go to the Screen Options tab at the top of the menu admin page – make sure CSS Classes is checked.

– Ed

cormip

OK, sorry, didn’t even know that was an option. I’ve gone ahead and added the smooth-scroll-link custom class to the menu items, however it appears that it applies the class to the li container and not the anchor tag itself:

<li class="menu-item-22 smooth-scroll-link menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom">
       <a href="//stormwaternc.com#about">About<span class="nav-line"></span></a>
    </li>

Looking at the code that triggers it in function.js, it appears that this class needs to be specifically applied to the anchor tag:

// SMOOTH SCROLL LINKS
    jQuery('a.smooth-scroll-link').on('click', function(e) {

Therefore, the smooth scroll still isn’t working…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Apologies – was confused about that. The menu links automatically with a # link, but can only do so with the # at the start.

– Ed

Chris

Have same issue with `SWIFT.parallax.parallaxVideoResize(parallaxAsset);.
    Using Safari.

Reverted back to 2.8.2 for now.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Sending out update later on today.

– Ed

cormip

OK, I updated the menu links to start with a # and it fixed the smooth-scroll issues. However, using such links introduces a new problem for which I did find a work-around which I’ll document for other who might run into the problem:

If the user clicks to view a team member page, that page does not contain the sections or anchors that the home page has. Therefore, if the menu link is simply “#contact”, this works on the home page to scroll to the contact form I placed at the bottom of the page. However, this menu now no longer works on the Team member pages, since that anchor doesn’t exist.

The Solution

Create 2 separate menus: one with just the anchors as links (e.g. #contact) and another with the full URL with anchor link (e.g. //mywebsite.com#contact). The second menu you set as the “default” for the site. The first you manually set for the given page using the Page Meta tab.

This combo makes the smooth-scroll work on the home page, and the team, portfolio, etc theme sub-pages will also have a working menu that navigates back to the proper section of the Home Page.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Glad you sorted. Thanks for sharing your solution with others.
    -Rui

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register