New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Swift framework translation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    robotixmediagroup

Hello,

So, I’m using Cardinal with the Crowdfunding interface. Anyway, I’ve noticed that there are a few pages that still appear in English and I’d like to translate them.

After much searching, I found out that it’s from the .po files in cardinal/swift-framework/language. I tried translating from the English file directly and also making a new one with my language shortcode. However, after doing all of this – no change whatsoever.

In my config file and in the admin menu, WordPress is set to work in another language, however I guess the swift-framework doesn’t detect that?

I’ve included a screenshot as an example… Am I translating the wrong file maybe, or?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    robotixmediagroup

Sorry for double post!

I have another issue and I guess there’s no point to make a second thread…
    So, uhm, when a normal user (not admin) is trying to submit a new campaign, they have the option to preview it.
    However, when it’s a normal user – they get a 404 error – “Sorry but we couldn’t find the page you are looking for. Please check to make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly. You may also want to search for what you are looking for.

When an admin is trying to preview it – works perfectly.
    I’ve looked around in the options for Easy Digital Downloads but couldn’t find such a restriction. Any ideas on how to fix this?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. Try this docs for translating: http://cardinal.swiftideas.com/documentation/theme-documentation/translation/
    2. Try reset the permalinks structure, save it as default, and then try to save again with the settings you need. It may flush the permalinks and it may solve the issue.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

robotixmediagroup

Hello,

1. I’ve already looked there. The translation for this page is in another file, but I can’t manage to find it….
    2. Fixed it myself, turns out that it was because new users were set with no permissions.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. What do you mean by this, “The translation for this page is in another file, but I can’t manage to find it” all .po files are present inside the language folder inside the themes folder.
    2. Glad you sorted it out 🙂

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

robotixmediagroup
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. Try rescan the .po file, http://davalnik.org/wp-admin/tools.php?page=codestyling-localization/codestyling-localization.php&type=themes ( before that make a backup of that .po file ) and try to translate that using that plugin. It will help..
    2. You mean the 404 for campaign pages?

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

robotixmediagroup
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

1- After translating did you generate the .mo file?
    2- It’s possible to translate with WPML. Campaing it’s a custom post type like Portfolio

-Rui

robotixmediagroup

1. Sure did. No change whatsoever.
    2. Well is there another way to translate it or remove the page completely, since we already have a default campaigns page created?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

1. You mean translating a word in that campaign plugin, if so try translating the .po file of that plugin.
    2. I don’t know how that plugin works, hopefully there is a way in it.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

robotixmediagroup

1. I’ve already tried that. Didn’t work.
    2. Well, does anyone here have a clue on how this plugin works? By now I’m so annoyed with that page, that I just want to delete it.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

If that didn’t work, I call ED to check this out for you.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

robotixmediagroup

Hello,

No, I still haven’t found a way to translate it or remove the page completely…. I’ve translated every string possible in the theme itself and the plugin – didn’t help. 🙁

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @robotixmediagroup

That “Campaigns” text is not set in the theme framework as far as I’m aware – that instance of the string is for something else.

I’d recommend giving this plugin a try – https://wordpress.org/plugins/real-time-find-and-replace/

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register