New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions Swift framework not supporting child themes ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
    bobrouge

You themes are very non developer friendly because your framework does not support child themes, please consider making swift child friendly or at least hook/filter friendly, or maybe separate the framework from the themes.

Is stuff like this that creates problems in the WP community, theme developers who DO IT WRONG.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Can I ask what theme you are using? We provide a child theme with most of our themes.

– Ed

bobrouge

My point was that your theme only partially support child themes because the swift framework itself does not.

Since the theme is so tightly coupled with the actual framework it is not possible to really use child themes effectively, this is bad practice and planning, it does not follow standards that WP strives for.

Something as simple as changing the header menu output (sf-header.php) had to be done via the changing files in the swift framework theme folder, which as I mentioned do not work using a child theme hierarchy. The only solution was to completely decouple the swift framework from the parent theme using define(‘SF_FRAMEWORK_PATH …) which defeats the whole reason to use child themes.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Which theme are you talking about please? As you did not post to a theme forum, so we don’t know which theme you might be referring to.

Thank you!

bobrouge

Does it matter? I’m using the neighborhood theme but it’s the framework that doesn’t support child themes, not the theme itself. Surely you already know about this, then again given the quality of the code maybe not.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Yes it does matter mate. Therefor I will close this thread, please open the thread in the correct forum of the theme you’re using.

Neighborhood comes with a child theme that works for thousands of users,
    if you’re having a problem with the child theme we will gladly help you in a thread in the correct forum 🙂

Thank you so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register