New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Swift Builder Widget Sidebar not loading

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    mdearden

Hello,

I am building a landing page for each of my categories on the shop and need to insert a sidebar on each page.

I would ideally like to do this in the swift builder to save it as a template for future use. However even after selecting the widget area to display in the sidebar it does not display after saving, although it is clearly there in the page builder.

I have also tried to display a sidebar using the meta options but that is not working either.

I can provide you with Log in details if you need them…

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please can you provide me with a link and login?

If you have your ‘clothing’ page set to the shop page, it will not work. As the shop page set in woocommerce does not use the page builder.

– Kyle

mdearden
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Is there a reason you are using the widget sidebar element in the page builder? Instead of just setting the page to have a left sidebar?

– Kyle

mdearden

Hi Kyle,

I was only using the widgetized sidebar as i could then set it as a template. I tried setting a sidebar in the Meta section and removing it from the swift builder but this also did not work…

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hmm strange, do any of your other sidebars work?

– Kyle

mdearden

Yes, i have tried the Woo Comerce sidebar and the Sidebar 2, none will work. I am guessing this is a problem with the Swift builder. If you could have a look it would be much appreciated as this is my only stumbling block on what is a great theme to work with.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please update to version 2.52 and let me know if it fixes your issue.

– Kyle

mdearden

I have updated the theme and still have the problem….

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I just remembered, WooCommerce widgets only work on the woocommerce shop page.

– Kyle

mdearden

Ah…this is a bit of a problem then, any chance this can be added to the next update as i was planning on building my own shop page for each category to better help the seo and target specific users. But if people can’t use a any refine by navigation menu to search for brands, colours, price etc it is a dead end.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It’s not something we can add, it’s the way woocommerce works, you will find it will be the same no matter what theme you use. Why don’t you create a global shop page, and then for each category, add a custom link menu item and add the link for the category.

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.