New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Super search oddities

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    simonvk

Hi Ed @swiftideas,

Yes, I have that (a couple layered nav’s as well as the one price filter). You can see that here: http://nieuwekoptelefoons.nl/winkel

Did you check if you could reproduce what I wrote above, about the Dante demo site? It seems to root back to initial page (where you apply the filters) in some cases.

simonvk

Managed to find something interesting. Can’t fully get my head around it, but I feel we’re getting close. Something to do with permalinks and WooCommerce base shop page setting.

Current situation:

– I have my permalinks set as
    /winkel/product-category/sample-product/
    –> /winkel/%product_cat%/

– In the WooCommerce settings, I haven’t set any base shop page, since the tooltip there said it can also be set at the permalinks section.

Can you tell me what you’d advise as a permalink structure? (ideally I’d have /winkel/product-categorie/productname). Furthermore, what should be set in the WooCommerce settings as a base shop page if that has to be done anyway? In the case of a WooCommerce base shop page, I don’t really have any :-/ since I use my site as a home page and visitors mainly navigatie through the mega menu section.

Thanks in advance again!
    Simon.

simonvk

Apologies, can’t seem to edit my above post.

Also noticed that the best super search filter results are given through:

/product-categorie/koptelefoons (after my domain name). If somehow that were to be implemented in the sf-search when you hit the results button on the super search function, all would be good ๐Ÿ™‚

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Can you set the shop page and see what difference that makes? As far as I know, this should always be set.

Here is our permalink structure: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tjpcsat2tcq8w9/Screenshot%202014-03-28%2011.41.50.png

The search should be linking to the main shop page, not a category page.

– Ed

simonvk

Hi Ed,

Setting a shop page in WooCommerce has to be an actual page. So I have this page called Shop (slug=shop) with nothing on it (yet) that is now set as the base shop page. I set that, along with the product permalink /product, like the settings you have.

Still, when visiting from my home page and using the super search I get redirect to the home page (with all the ?filter settings in the URL).

Something I do find odd too though, is that http://nieuwekoptelefoons.nl/shop/ leads me to all the products in my shop instead of the page with the slug ‘shop’.

I’m kind of lost here and it’s vital that the super search function works for me. Is there any chance you could look into my WordPress backend and see if you could find a solution? I can leave login details privately.

simonvk

Seems like it’s solved!!

Checked the sf-supersearch.php file and on line 89:

$super_search .= '<a href="#" class="super-search-go sf-button accent" data-home_url="'.get_home_url().'" data-shop_url="'.$shop_url.'"><span class="text">'.$search_btn_text.'</span></a>';

Changed it to:

$super_search .= '<a href="#" class="super-search-go sf-button accent" data-home_url="'.get_home_url().'" data-shop_url="'.$shop_url.'/shop/"><span class="text">'.$search_btn_text.'</span></a>';

Basically setting the shop page in the output url I guess. Output always seem to come out clear when using the SS filters, also on product pages in the top.

Is this something you should change in the php file by default for future theme updates or is this just a personal setting that seems to work for me in my situation? Also, if the theme gets updates, will I lose my settings in this file? Just to be sure.

Either way, thanks a lot for the patience & support ๐Ÿ™‚

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You’d lose it with an update, but you could add that function to your child theme, and then it would stick.

Simply setting your shop page in WooCommerce to that page with that URL would make it work though ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register