Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
    ntr12

How can I make the field filters pick up custom attributes? Currently, the filter drop down only includes product categories

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

This sure is possible, but I’m afraid it’s not built into the theme and would have to be modified especially for you. We’d love to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info. You could also hire a developer to help you with your customizations.

Thank you for understanding!
    Cheers!

trandestined

Isn’t the theme supposed to be able to filter more than just product categories? Otherwise you can just click on a category.

If I have a “Color” attribute for products that has colors that I define, shouldn’t the personal shopper be able to filter the color as well. That is what is showing on your demo and seems to work.

On my site I’m seeing that it is not working properly, all it is doing is showing me the right category I searched for, giving me all the results not filtering by color.

If I look in my attributes section of the dashboard I can see that I have 4 products that are pink.

If you go to trupulsedirect.com and search for Bluetooth Speakers in Pink it brings up 2 results when there is only one in pink.

Please assist as this is the main feature that made me purchase your theme two times.

Thanks,
    Kent

ntr12

I agree with Kent as that was one of the main reasons I purchased the theme as well. In fact, if you click the “Take the Tour” button on the theme purchase page, and scroll to the Super Search feature, it states the following as an option:

“The filter types are controlled by the Products section. As default you can choose from product categories and price, but you can also use custom attributes.”

Please let us know how to achieve this.

Much appreciated.

trandestined

I can verify as well for ntr12 ….Attached is a screenshot from YOUR site that explains the theme and what it does. You can see that is says ARE supposed to be able to use custom attributes.

The “colour” attribute that comes with your demo content is just another attribute, so not sure why it can’t search for another attribute like its supposed to.

If this issue cannot not be Fixed for us…I am going to request for my money back, due to False advertising. This is only just one issue that we’ve been dealing with this Theme, its been a really big pain.

I think you guys should be very clear as to what versions of Woocommerce and WordPress and browser as well that should be used to make your theme work properly.

thanks

westcoastsurf

I’ve been trying to figure this out as well.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Apologies for the confusion, it is possible for you to set custom attributes in the super search, as advertised.

There was a bug with a version of WooCommerce which stopped the ability for you to choose these, but this was fixed with the next update.

If you go to Theme Options > Super Search Options, you should be able to set your custom attributes, see example here – https://www.dropbox.com/s/kplm9j9cuk6av05/Screenshot%202013-10-25%2021.18.32.png

If anyone is having an issue, can you explain a little further?

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Please make sure that you have the WooCommerce price filter and nav filters widget added to the WooCommerce sidebar in Appearance > Widgets.

– Ed

trandestined

You also need to make sure the Woocommerce Layered Nav widget is in the woocommerce sidebar as well as the other two mentioned otherwise it won’t work.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

The next update will fix the need for any widgets, as we’ve improved the Super Search to include the filters within those widgets automatically.

– Ed

profilpr

Hi I’m running the latest version of neighborhood 1.93 and still got only two options (category or price) How exactly do i add separated sub categories for each option?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can only choose or the product category or a product attribute.

In this case the only product attribute you have is the price. Depending on the products you can have size, color, model, brand, etc.

Unfortunately you can’t select subcategories for each option.

-Rui

profilpr

Nevermind, the product attributes are not used when you add them via single product settings. Only via the global product settings they seem to be recognized. If you add those attributes to products it works. It seems that the attributes are converted to lowercase. I added the word “Senf” and got “senf” as filter option.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you provide us the url of your site?

-Rui

profilpr

Not I’m sorry but I can not provide an url.

Problem is trivial. Some css in the style.css of neighborhood is setting it to lowercase

#super-search .search-options .ss-dropdown > span {
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #e4e4e4;
    text-transform: lowercase;
    }

Probably should be removed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register