New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn Subscribers can't see post excerpt, only code showing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    emilnau

Hi,
    We are having problem with our e-mails to followers/subscribers. When we send out a new blog post all they see is the Swift Page Builder code. We have tried using Custom Excerpts as well, but it’s not showing up. How can we fix this? See attached image.

My clients would like to keep the using Swift Page Builder (that’s why they went with Joyn…), but we can’t seem to find a fix for this.

Also, do they have to add a Featured Image for an image to show when they share a post on Facebook etc – even though the post includes several images? They tried to share this post, but no image comes up: http://www.ooocomfortzone.com/?p=1315

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

When using the Page Builder you also use the custom excerpt.

emilnau

We have tried the Custom Excerpt function as well, but it’s still the code from the actual post showing in the e-mails for our followers/subscribers. It’s not working. See attached images from the very same blog post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

The previous emails sent out would likely now not update, unless you can get the services to resync if you are using RSS?

Thanks.

emilnau

I’m sorry I don’t understand. We didn’t add a Custom Excerpt after the e-mail was sent out. We created the post with a Custom Excerpt and then sent out the e-mail. The e-mail still only showed code.

David Martin – Support

That was not clear initially.

1) What service are you using to send out the mail? I need more info on how you have configured this.

2) If you look at your RSS feed, only some posts have a custom excerpt:

– Expanding our Still (Comfort Zone)
    – Under the Big Top on December the 25th (Comfort Zone)

3) Please update the plugin Swift Framework as this has the amended excerpt code used in the theme.

emilnau

Ok,

1. Jetpack (Blog Subscriptions Jetpack)

2. Yes, initially we thought it would work without Custom Excerpts. And with our latest posts we have been trying to add Custom Excerpts to fix the issue. As you can see, the latest post (posted today) “Springtime at the Vineyard” also had a Custom Excerpt, but still the e-mail only had code.

3. Updated.

David Martin – Support

1) It sounds like this, am I correct: https://jetpack.com/support/subscriptions/?

They document that they strip out shortcodes that are not supported. The shortcodes they do supoprt are: https://jetpack.com/support/shortcode-embeds/.

From research this, it seems like there is actually not a known fix to add or filter our shortcodes with their service.

Mailchimp may offer a better solution in this instance.

Thanks,
    David.

emilnau

Ok, so I reckon the problem lies with Jetpack. I’ve contacted them for advice.
    What e-mail service for subscriptions are your users using? Do you know for sure Mailchimp supports your theme?

About the other issue I mentioned in my first post: Do we have to post a Feature Image to the post to have an image show up when sharing a blog post via the built in Social Share tool?

David Martin – Support

1) Mailchimp will simply take the provided custom excerpt from the RSS feed of your site.

2) Yes, a featured image will do that.

Thanks.

emilnau

Ok, thanks David!

David Martin – Support

Glad to help where I can.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register