Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    LinnightL

Re. Styling Mega Menu – do I have to upgrade to pro in order to edit default theme via Mega Menu / Menu Themes?

So the version that comes with Nota is the free version?

If this is the case, my only option to style the Mega Menu is via writing my own css?

I want to do more than just change the font in the Theme Options.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Yes currently the Mega Menu styling is set within the theme, meaning you would need to override this with custom CSS – depending on what you are wanting to do.

With Uplift, we have recently improved this so you can style the menu how you want using the plugin settings itself and this is something we are considering adding to Nota. You should not need to the pro version.

– What are you looking to change?

Thanks.

LinnightL

Thank you for your prompt reply.

“What are you looking to change?” back ground colours, hover states, borders – all the stuff that is normally available in the Mega Menu edit areas for themes.

I have just finished another site with the pro version of the Mega Menu and while I am happy enough to create custom styles the theme editor is a time saver.

If I spend just one hour longer on adjusting styles than clicking a few prompts then I have lost money.

Just curious – I read about the “integration” of the Mega Menu and some features limited (obviously the theme edit is one) – so would buying the pro add-on break the existing integration in a detrimental way? Would it open up the theme edit?

So far I am impressed with the theme – it certainly is the most featured packed theme I have ever worked with – which is why I was very surprised at the discontenting of the Mega Menu Theme editor – which seems contrary to having a check box and button for just about everything else.

David Martin – Support

@LinnightL – planning to get this into 1.0.4 which will support themes + the Pro version of the plugin.

Thanks.

LinnightL

hmmm – I can see this theme becoming my new go to for ecommerce sites
    Thank you

David Martin – Support

Great, 1.0.3 should be going out today. 1.0.4 dev work will start later today also.

Any other feedback on the theme is welcome.

Thanks.

David Martin – Support

Do you have the Pro version? If you can attach the zip file here, I’d like to test this further for integration.

LinnightL
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Thank you. This will be now be in 1.0.3. I delayed the release of that to include this feature update.

LinnightL

installed 1.03 – Very Happy about the Mega Menu changes and a couple of other small updates

Thank you

David Martin – Support

Glad you liked it, more changes/improvements planned for 1.0.4 also.

If you have found the theme/support useful, we appreciate it if you can leave feedback on our item if you have the time as it really helps us out.

Thanks.

praudio

Hi,
    could you tell me if there any way to show Mega submenu with 1 second delay?

David Martin – Support

Hi,

You would need to modify the /js/nota-functions.js file. Change the MS durations 200 to 1000.

megaMenuShowSub: function(anchor) {
    			var isSideSlideout = anchor.parents('.sf-side-slideout').length > 0;
    			if ((jQuery('#container').width() > 767 || body.hasClass('responsive-fixed')) && !isSideSlideout) {
    				anchor.find('ul.mega-sub-menu').first().stop( true, true ).fadeIn(200);
    			}
    		},

You will need to disable the Performance Options within Theme Options => General Options.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register