New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Static Front Page doesn't display the correct page, but redirects to wrong page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    cortanddrew

Hi,

I selected a static page as my Front Page from Settings > Reading.

And everything works great on my computer that’s logged in to my WordPress, but if I try my site’s url on any other computer or device (not logged in) I get redirected to another page on the site. This redirected page also happens to my first alphabetical page: mysitename.org/careers

The page is published but it hasn’t been added to any of my menus yet, and as I mentioned, I have a different page assigned to be the static Front Page.

Instead, what happens when you go to my site is you get the /careers page and that’s it. If you hit any other link or button it keeps redirecting you back to the /careers page. Because of this, I can’t even access my /wp-login page from another computer…so it’s causing me some issues. I tried deactivating all plug-ins and the problem continued.

– Am I doing something wrong?
    – Is this a search engine problem, since my site is brand new?
    – Is this a problem with my theme? (Dante)

– What should I do?

Thanks!
    Here’s my site, under constructions still, obviously: thebrookses.org

cortanddrew

Fixed it. I’d forgotten that I enabled Dante’s Maintenance Mode in Theme Settings > General Settings…and I had it set to the Careers page. No wonder!

Well geez… There went my day, but I learned a whole lot about htaccess and goodness knows what else.

Feeling blessed. Thx

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register