New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Star Rating not working in Neighborhood Theme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    cmohs01

I am using the neighborhood theme (LOVE IT) but the star ratings are not working in product reviews. The issue is not being able to select a star rating when reviewing the product. What gives? Please advise any changes that need to be made to allow this to function correctly as I think it’s an important feature in eCommerce.

website in questions – http://www.christophermohs.com
    Product page with reviews that we weren’t able to select ratings for in testing: http://www.christophermohs.com/shop/great-eats-in-a-new-york-minute-or-two/

Please advise.

Thanks, C

cmohs01
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Melanie – SUPPORT

Hey,

can you post up your wp-admin and FTP login details so we can troubleshoot?

Cheers

cmohs01

Hi Melanie,

For obvious security reasons I cannot give you the information you are requesting. However, if you use the “inspect element” feature in google chrome I would guess that you can identify the code error in your theme that is causing this. The theme code has not been altered from the package provided by your company.

My guess is that there is a coding issue between your theme and WooCommerce ratings. If you can point me in the right direction I can inspect code if necessary.

The following plugins are active on the website and may provide insight to the issue?
    – Akismet
    – Breadcrumb NavXT
    – Contact Form 7
    – Jetpack by WordPress.com
    – oAuth Twitter Feed for Developers
    – Previous and Next Post in Same Taxonomy
    – Regenerate Thumbnails
    – Revolution Slider
    – WooCommerce
    – WooCommerce USPS Shipping
    – WooThemes Updater
    – WP Issuu
    – WP User Avatar
    – Wysija Newsletters
    – YITH WooCommerce Wishlist

Melanie – SUPPORT

We will need your wp-admin and FTP login details to troubleshoot ๐Ÿ™‚
    You can attach them in a private reply.

Cheers

cmohs01

Hi Melanie,

I did some review comparisons between the code in your demo theme on your website and what I was provided and installed on my site. It appears that the review/rating comments system is running off a Contact Form 7 plugin form? I also see a reference on your site to a wp-comments-post.php file that was not included in my install of the theme.

I think what is missing is A) the wp-comments-post.php and whatever files are needed to connect woocommerce to this floating rating feature and B) the setup specifications within Contact Form 7 to make the form and ultimately drive this feature.

Can you provide this information or at least verify that we’re on the right path here?

Best,
    Christopher

Melanie – SUPPORT

I will forward your thread to the developer of the theme.
    Maybe you want to post up the information I required as well, thanks!

Cheers

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Have you enabled review ratings in WooCommerce? Contact Form 7 is not needed, and the other file is a standard WordPress file, not theme related.

– Ed

thepipeguys

Hey cmohs01,

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with the ratings feature? Seems like I am having the same issues as you.

Can anyone help me out with this? Check the following URL to see the issue. http://thepipeguys.com/product/bac-pack-bow-stern/

Thanks!

cmohs01

Pipeline guys – it actually is that woo commerce isn’t compatible with JetPack, if you disable jetback the star ratings and forms should appear as normal. Frustrating since I love what JetPack offers, but alas, the work arounds required to make everything work smoothly.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register