New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante SPB / YouTube bug: display issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    schillerinstitut

Dear Folks!

We’re having an issue on our front page (http://schillerinstitut.dk/si/), where we are using the Swift Page Builder and have inserted a Blog and a Recent Posts Element, which both show the latest Post from different categories, and all of these have YouTube videos as there Detail Media. A strange issue has become apparent, whereby the two YouTube videos will actually switch position – never when the page is first loaded or refreshed, but seemingly only when one navigates backwards! The Posts remain in place, but the YouTube displays somehow get mixed up and display in the relevant other Post.
    This is not occurring consistently to 100%, but if there is anything you know about how the Blog / Recent Posts elements parse/display the Detail Media YouTube embed code that could impact this, we would be grateful if you could take a look at our problem.

Thanks to you!
    Daniel

P.S. Oh, I also posted a comment to ThemeForest, requesting whether Soundcloud could be included in the Social Profiles for Dante? That would be nice ๐Ÿ™‚

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see what you mean, the special video changes when you go forward to a page and then back again to the page you provided.

Are you using Dante last version?
    Any special plugins installed on you WordPress?

Best Regards,
    Rui

schillerinstitut

Hi Rui,
    we are running Dante 2.61, with the following plugins active:

Akismet
    Breadcrumb NavXT
    Calls to Action
    Contact Form 7
    Event Organiser
    Google Doc Embedder
    Health Check

Landing Pages
    LayerSlider WP
    Revolution Slider
    Simple Google Analytics
    WooCommerce

The ones in bold may be considered “special”, because they weren’t part of the package recommended/required by Dante. We also have other plugins installed, but they are not active as yet (such as optimization/caching plugins), so I don’t think they can be an issue.

Regards,
    Daniel

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Can you test something quickly for me please, edit /dante/js/functions.js and comment out line 83:

//page.fitVids();

Thats the only thing I can think it might be.

– Ed

schillerinstitut

Sorry it took me so long. I tried it out, and the theme does seem to hold the correct YouTube video in place now.

Obviously, some videos look like this now ๐Ÿ™‚

Screenshot

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    schillerinstitut

Thanks, Ed.

I apologize once for for taking so long. I have inserted the JS code you suggested, but the strange video sizes (i.e. not in the standard YouTube 16:9 dimensions) remain, as displayed in the screenshot provided in the previous post.
    Therefore, no change with this.

Cheers,
    Daniel

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

Can you please upload this version, and then let me know: http://d.pr/f/xKn7/2kSDEN3r

I should be able to provide a fix for you – but you may have to disable the fitvids inclusion again.

– Ed

schillerinstitut

Hmm, interesting. Now the videos have the 16:9 format, but there are scrollbars (both horizontal and vertical) showing up now. Should I again insert your fix from June 30?

schillerinstitut

Ed,
    another problem with the version I just uploaded, is that the detail media and other tabs are missing when creating a post: only “Thumbnail Media” remains!!
    Could it be an error with the upload?

– Daniel

schillerinstitut

Weird. It also seems like my Custom CSS isn’t having any effect …

schillerinstitut

Oh, for some reason the scroll bars are gone again. But the videos are swapping place again…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @schillerinstitut,

Did a little more digging into this fitvids issue and seems it may be something to do with the browser – https://github.com/davatron5000/FitVids.js/issues/33

Thinking we might work around this in the next update by using our own solution.

– Ed

schillerinstitut

Interesting discussion, Ed, thanks for that!

Keep me posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Daniel

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

– Kyle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register