New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Social-icons not working under v2.01 or v2.1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    MattForshaw

Good evening guys,

Fantastic work on the theme. I just have an issue with social-icons I would like to run past you. With version v2.01 I originally purchased, and also with the new v2.1 release, I am encountering issues including social icons on my site.

When I visit the shortcodes example page for buttons and social icons the social icons appear blank (except for the ‘Social Share’ icons which do appear). This happens in both Chrome 32 and Safari 7.0.1.

Here are a couple of observations I have had which seemed strange:
    – I have used the Web Developers toolbar in Chrome to take a look at the resources being pulled in when the page loads, and none of the social-icons-*.png images appear in the list.
    – When I grep through the source code in the release I cannot find any reference to the social-icons-*.png images in any of the theme files or demo content. It is unclear where Dante is looking for these image files.
    – I have attempted reinstallation with fresh versions of wordpress to no avail.

Any assistance sorting this would be much appreciated!

All the best,
    Mat

MattForshaw

Update: This is now resolved, and as is often the case, human error was to fault.

To provide some clarification for any other theme users encountering the same issue:

– Dante appears to use font-awesome (http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/) for its icons, explaining the lack of reference to the image files included as part of the theme.
    – The shortcode output only appears when social network profiles are specified in the Theme Options. There is a clear notice explaining that to be the case within the Theme Options page for Social Profiles, but this is something I had managed not to spot.

All the best,
    Matt

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing the Solutions.

Best,
    Tahir

Melanie – SUPPORT

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register