New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Social grid resizing!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    lqusai

Hi,
    Can you help resize the social grid size on full width? I want to have more boxes in a row also half of their current size. So for example, instead of 5 big boxes in 1 row, I would like to have 10 small sized in a row.

Thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid that is not possible as standard and it’s a complex layout change.
    Will forward to the development to check the complexity. Maybe it’s something that can be considered as future development.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @lqusai

You are free to add custom css for this if you like, but it’s not something we can support as it is a customisation. Personally I don’t think 10 columns would work well at all, given the size they would appear on smaller screens – you’d need to add a lot more breakpoints.

– Ed

lqusai

You might be right, 10 columns maybe a bit too much, however, I still need to shrink their size…
    And since Cardinal is Bootstrap based, So I added col-sm-8 as an (extra class name) to overwrite the default col-sm-12, which made those boxes smaller, however the column still wraps after the fifth box, So my question is how to load 6 boxes instead of 5 in every column? (See attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    brooklynkid

I was actually looking for the same answer. It would be great if we could at least add 1 more row to shrink the size of the images a bit more as I have it on another project I developed. See attached.

Let me know if there is an easy way to add an additional row. Thx!

T-

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

will forward to the development team.
    -Rui

brooklynkid

Thanks Rui!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. Let’s wait for the reply.

-Rui

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’ve added a filter for the item counts ready for the next update, so that you can add this code to your child theme:

function custom_blog_grid_counts() {
    return array("6", "12", "18", "24");
    }
    add_filter ('sf_blog_grid_item_counts', 'custom_blog_grid_counts');

That will allow you to override what values are output.

ELSE, you could try now by disabling the page builder and editing the “item_count” parameter of the blog grid shortcode to 6/12. Give that a go?

– Ed

lqusai

It didn’t work, I’ve followed your instructions but the result is the same, except when I change the “item_count” to 6 I get something like the attachment.

Attachments:
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You will need to adjust the template files to fit 6 in one row, my suggestion was simply for outputting 6 instead of 5.

– Ed

Petercity

Hi Ed,

I try the recommendation of this post, but is not so clear for me ( I am a newbies)

It’s seems that the social-grid is based on the plugin Instagram-freed (Pro version), so I would like to know when you release more asset for this feature.

In the interval I would like to know, if there is any way to share the licence key of the plugin to use to customise the plugin directly

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

We don’t use a plugin for our social grid

– Kyle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register