New Landing How can we help? Atelier Slow Site Load when Logged in as a Customer (any WP user)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Katie Sutton

Hello,
    This has been an ongoing problem and we are getting close to launch. I really need help. Two of my pages http://tycaton.wpengine.com/purchase/wine/ and http://tycaton.wpengine.com/shop-all-products/ load very slowly when a customer is logged in and/or when I am logged in as an admin. I can live with admin load but it is not good for the customer at all. It’s pretty much loading ok when one is not logged in. I read through your forum and convinced my client to switch hosting to WPEngine (I have 10 other clients using them, they are great). I contacted them for help. Here is what WPEngine thinks is the problem; however, they were not sure how to fix it and told me to contact you to figure out how to fix it.

“You would need to reduce the amount of data from the Swift Framework plugin in the wp_options table that is set to “autoload”. A good range is 60KB – 300KB, and your’re autoloading about 2MB of data right now

These are the table names:

Option spb_history_987 is 269 KB (AUTOLOADED)
    Option spb_history_299 is 251 KB (AUTOLOADED)
    Option spb_history_1530 is 125 KB (AUTOLOADED)
    Option spb_history_817 is 399 KB (AUTOLOADED)
    Option spb_history_2130 is 171 KB (AUTOLOADED)”

Can you please help me with this? I’m a bit out of my league here – not sure how to edit the tables to autoload less…
    thank you,
    Katie

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Well these aren’t database tables, they are just some data inside the wp_options table.
    The strange thing is that it only should be loaded one per page and only in the admin.

That analysis was made in the front page or when editing the page.
    Can you provide me more information to see if there is anything to fix?

Thanks

-Rui

Katie Sutton

Hello Rui,
    There is something to fix, I just don’t know what. That info I sent was given to me by my host, WPEngine, and the said they did not know how to fix it.
    I sent you some login credentials, did you login to see what I mean about the slow speed on the two pages i specified (it only happens when logged in but my customers WILL be logged in in many cases)? I really need help with this. I have asked your support for months and have been pointed to different suggestions; one was removing the SSL certificate, which I removed. Then I read the forum and saw others with slow speed issues and I switched to WPEngine hosting. Still, this problem persists. Can you please try to figure out what is happening? This is a very big problem for me and my client really wants to get this site launched. Thank you, Katie

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I understand Katie, but I need to understand exactly how they run this test because the spb_history option it’s used to save all the changes you do when editing a page and that isn’t used on the frontend so don’t see how can that be loaded in the frontend.

If you have more details in the WP Engine reply, send it to me because it can contain information that can help me out.

Can you provide me the credentials to this popup, so I can run some performance analysis on those 2 pages.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrag7slge6r4mt9/Screenshot%202016-05-10%2012.46.08.png?dl=0

Thanks
    -Rui

Katie Sutton
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Katie Sutton
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional info.
    Will let you know as soon I can.
    -Rui

Katie Sutton
    Katie Sutton

ok, after all that I think I may have figured out it’s not the Swift Framework… I think it might be my membership plugin that is slowing things down. I just deactivated it and things are faster. I’ll mark this resolved for now and start again if need be. Thanks for your help thus far.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Glad it’s sorted, apologize for not being able to check it before you figured it out.
    Let us know if necessary further assistance.

-Rui

Katie Sutton

I need to re-open this. As a test, I changed my theme to 2015 and the pages in question load super fast, even with the Membership plugin activated. The support documentation for the plugin says to contact the Theme developer in that case. Can you please help?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you confirm if are those the 2 pages?

This page below was loaded in 4.3 seconds
    http://tycaton.wpengine.com/purchase/wine/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kprrw8wnoc6am0x/Screenshot%202016-05-12%2011.08.24.png?dl=0

and http://tycaton.wpengine.com/shop-all-products/ loaded in 4.22 seconds
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/risgbvmm7upo10p/Screenshot%202016-05-12%2011.09.48.png?dl=0

These are good times for those pages. Where are you facing the slowdown with our theme?

-Rui

Katie Sutton

Hi there Rui,
    A few things-
    1. Did you just test in last hour? I had deactivated the Membership Plugin because it slows development too (and yes, I was working on the site at 5 am this morning). I just reactivated the plugin so please try again.
    2. Were you logged in as a user? For me, load time is MUCH slower when logged in (and our customers will be). Like over 10 seconds and sometimes timing out…
    3. Is over four seconds really a good load time? I thought the standard was more like 2-3 seconds. Your theme demo shop pages seem to load much faster than that.
    Thank you as always,
    Katie

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

I tested a few minutes before replying, I wasn’t aware that the plugin was disabled.
    I just login an tested with and without that plugin and definitely the problem comes from there, the server stays almost 15 seconds just waiting to retrieve the first block of data.

Yes 4 seconds it’s a good time, to achieve smaller times only paying a lot for the maximum hosting speed.

Can you provide me that plugin in a zip file so I can test it on my server?

-Rui

Katie Sutton
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register