New Landing How can we help? Atelier Slider Continue Button and Full Screen with Sticky Header

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Katie Sutton

Hello,
    I’m wondering if you can help with my home page. The page loads with the swift slider full height and a continue button. That button is meant to take you to the next full window-height content are (the two bottles of wine with text in center), but I think due to the presence of the sticky header, the next full window is cut off at the bottom (might be easier for you to look to see what I mean, bit hard to explain). I played around with changing the anchor link for the down arrow but that did not quite get me to the right place. Is there a more elegant solution to this? Thanks, Katie

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Can you please add a WP login.

Thanks.

Katie Sutton
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi Katie,

Can you clear your browser cache, take a look at the screencast, this is what I see: http://d.pr/i/1fLQw.

Thanks

Katie Sutton

Sorry – I never saw this response and now the link you set is broken. This issue persists with my website and I’d love some advice on how to fix it! Thanks!

See screenshot – see how the bottles won’t scoot all the way up because the scroll stops when it hits the sticky header (you can see that behind it is part of my image that you see when you open the home page). Ideally, I’d add a bit of white space above the bottles that would go behind the header so the bottles would be centered top to bottom if that makes sense. But I can’t figure out how to control the scroll to go a bit further….? TIA

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

I have made another: http://d.pr/i/dkzu.

You would need to reduce the bottle image height, which would reduce the Row height to make it do what you describe as I understand.

Thanks.

Katie Sutton

OK, yep that screenshot you sent is exactly how I want it to look. I think I am missing something fundamental here.. when I re-size the bottles to be smaller on the back end, the row height does not change; it all still loads the same size on front and the bottles become blurry. What am I missing? To make them show up smaller I had to add empty space right and left on original photos and upload them to Media again. However, even when I do that, my site is not lining up top to bottom the way you show in your screenshot – page still stops right below text (you can see it live now with the “smaller”(wider) bottle pics). Sorry I’m just not getting it but could you walk me through what sizes and settings you used to make it work in your gif film that you sent?? I’m using the Row Setting “Window Height” for that row because otherwise it will not scale properly on different screen sizes. If this was not responsive design I could set it to Content Height and be done but I want it to scale properly on all screen sizes and I think that doesn’t accommodate that. What exactly am I missing here??? TIA!!!

David Martin – Support

For me it scales down very nicely. What device or screen size are you using?

Thanks.

Katie Sutton
    Katie Sutton
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Please test now, this is what I see in the screencast: http://d.pr/i/plTD

I added a horizontal padding % to the Row options.

Thanks.

Katie Sutton
    David Martin – Support

No, problem – please test now.

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register