New Landing How can we help? General Forum Help Site name and tag line

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
    rogerwatson38

Although my site name and tag line are listed under customising, site identity, they don’t appear on the page and I don’t see any way to edit that. I can upload a logo OK but no site name and tag line. what am I doing wrong?

roger

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please go through the Admin > Settings > General > Here you can change the site name.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

rogerwatson38

I have it set there but it does not come up on the home page. In fact, the home page is constantly over written with your pages, listing stuff like Portfolio – Four column bordered Gallery style, which I can’t get rid of even thos I have consigned them all to the bin: most frustrating! Roger

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Please register your purchase code to get support http://www.swiftideas.com/forums/users/rogerwatson38/

– Kyle

rogerwatson38

done – now can I have some support please – I am finding your system very frustrating… Roger

Kyle – SUPPORT

Getting a database error when trying to view your site, please check that with your hosts

– Kyle

rogerwatson38

The database error has now been fixed and the site is working OK, but I still can’t get it to display the site name or tag line, both of which are clearly there if you go to Settings, General. Please can you fix this or explain how I can do it?
    Roger

Kyle – SUPPORT

You’re using an image logo, the sitename and tagline only show when not using an image logo

– Kyle

rogerwatson38

I have removed our logo but it still does not show our site name and tagline: it is now showing the Pinpoint logo and tag line. why?

Roger

Kyle – SUPPORT

Add this to your custom css:

#logo h1 {
        display: block;
    }
    #logo img {
        display: none;
    }

– Kyle

rogerwatson38

Thanks, Kyle, that has added the site name but not the tag line: how would I do that?

Roger

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rogerwatson38

At present, it’s coming at the top of the Navigation bar but I would prefer it to be in the header bar just underneath the Site name and a bit bigger type: is that possible? Alternatively I could adapt the Welcome text but I would then need to reduce the type size…

regards, Roger

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can’t see the h2 I added in the html.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5hvmnczhbqsq5e/Screenshot%202016-05-06%2015.43.06.png?dl=0

Did you replaced the header.php?

-Rui

rogerwatson38

No, the text was already there in the Navigation bar.

Roger

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register