Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
    moreani

Hi!

I have been searching the forum for answers but I haven’t found any. Well, I tried to smush my pics but the site is loading extremely slow still. Can you please help me with this issue?

glassdomain

Hi,

Have you looked at WP super cache plugin ref: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/
    And also Lazy load is worth a look – this really helped speed up my page load https://wordpress.org/plugins/lazy-load/

Cheers,

Pete

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Site speed is usually down to what hosting company you’re with, size of your images and amount of plugins used. The theme itself is fast as we have tested it thoroughly

– Kyle

moreani

Thanks Pete! I have now installed and running both of your recommendations but the page is still very slow.

Any idea what else it can be? I am also smushing my images but it doesn’t seem to help either.

//

moreani

Thank you for the answer Kyle. I have contacted the host and they have checked everything. Speed is fine on other websites that they host. I have also tried to inactivate plugins like revolution slider but it doesn’t help. I have switched to another default theme (Twenty Fourteen) which increased the speed a lot. I don’t know what it means but the page is really too slow. It takes more than 2 seconds for the content to upload…that will make customers run away.
    We don’t have a lot of images at all.

Can you kindly try and help me with this issue? we are looking at a launching next week.

Thanks!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please take the site off maintenance mode so I can run it through a speed check

– Kyle

moreani
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can post here the details, you just need to the reply has private.
    You can also enable the Catalog mode to avoid any orders and remove the maintenance mode.

-Rui

moreani
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster
    moreani
    moreani
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Ok. to run the speedtest in Pingdom tools you should disable the maintenance mode just to make the test
    http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

It could be the time of initial reply from the hosting server, or some domain redirection.

-Rui

moreani
    moreani
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register