Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    Sarah Metzger

Hi,

I am working with an SEO expert on a new website using the Pinpoint theme and the following question has arisen:
    After looking at the site code, it appears that there are a couple of menus – one for desktop and one for mobile – they appear crawlable – but I’m not clear how the CSS (stylesheets) affect the behavior or whether bots have access. My biggest concern is that bots don’t execute javascript and it must be turned on to view the site – what does that mean?

I was worried in that I couldn’t find pages of the theme demo site indexed – there is no robots.txt file on the site to stop the indexing. But they do use anΒ iframeΒ on the demo site – so maybe that iframe keeps bots out entirely?

Is there any consideration for using the Pinpoint when it comes to crawlability? Is it crawlable?

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Sarah,

Of course the theme is crawlable πŸ™‚

The menus for mobile are shown/hidden via CSS media queries, and any SEO expert should know that doesn’t affect you. They should also, after examining our code, realize that there is no JS used to bring in menus.

JS is needed for all the eye-candy, that’s why we say it needs to be turned on; it’s used only for effects, nothing else.

Regards,

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

Cosmin
    Support Assistant

P.S.: not really my business, but I would try and ask a few more SEO experts, if you know what I mean πŸ˜‰

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register