New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Clique Shortcode generator

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    Kraver

I just read that the “more” code on Clique does not work because it is not part of the theme. It doesn’t work and doesn’t show up. I would like to use “read more”. How do I generate a code for this in the theme for my blog pages. Sorry- kind of a newbie.

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

Hello Kraver,

Please post your website link and screenshot explaining your issue.

Kraver

My website is http://www.kellyannraverdesign.com/temporary

I do not really have a screen shot because I have only put dummy text in to see if it would work. I do not even have my logo in or my menu set up yet with pages. I made a fake page just to test things. I made it a blog page. I made the blog a category. I put a post in and used the “more” tag button in WP and added the rest of the dummy text, then went to the page and the only thing that shows up is every thing before “more”. It does not say more or read more and there is no additional text. So I am asking, if the button for more doesn’t work, how can I add a read more feature? What is the short code for that, or how do I generate one. It also broke up my text.Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

You need these multiple excerpts in your single post page?

Generally, excerpts are for blog posts.

Kraver

Again, I repeat….I was checking to see if everything is working. It is not an excerpt. It is not even going to be on my website. I was checking to see if it would work and it doesn’t. Do you have any suggestion of why? And how I can get a read more tag to work so when I build my site I can use it in my blog? This is the only thing I asked.

Kraver

Do you know how to add read more, if the button to add it in WordPress doesn’t work? I want something that won’t get lost when the theme updates. Thank you.

Nishant – SUPPORT
    Spectator

You can get more info regarding that over here http://codex.wordpress.org/Customizing_the_Read_More

Kraver

Well, I have bigger problems than this since updating the theme caused it to crash to white screen, hence the other post here, but your link you have just included tells you to use the “more” button, and I had stated several times in my request for help that the “more” button did not work. Thanks.

Can you at least answer my other post now that I had to uninstall Clique completely? I had two questions today. The other is now much more pressing.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Go to Appearance > Themes and delete the theme

– Kyle

Kraver

How will this help me?

Kyle – SUPPORT

You said

Can you at least answer my other post now that I had to uninstall Clique completely?

– Kyle

Kraver

My problems for that was solved. My web host had to install different php. Thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register