New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Shortcode button brings up a Internal Server Error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    hacevedo

I have not been able to get the short code button on my theme to function every time i click on it i receive an Internal Server Error. Ive searched your forums and all I see come up is the same case happening to other people in different themes. I contacted the server provider and Im being told you would be the ones that would be able to help with the issue. can someone take a look and let me know what might be going on.

http://www.ho-ac.com/dev-fuse

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It is likely a server configuration issue. You need to increase the php memory limit in WordPress or ask your host to increase it for you.

Please provide your login details in a private reply so we can see the issue in-depth.

Thanks
    Tahir

hacevedo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    hacevedo

I have my limit set to 128mb which is the highest recommended I can go

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Please can you check any htaccess files you have on your WordPress installation, could be in / or /wp-admin. If you’re still struggling, please ask your host.

You want to look for the below and remove it.

<Files *.php>
    deny from all
    </Files>

Thanks,

– Ed

matt@hw

We’re having the same problem at our site which is using the Dante Child theme… and it’s a standard install other than that.

From any of the Pages or Products, while in Swift Page Builder, we click on the shortcode icon and get a 500 error (video attached).

Permissions are 666 for /wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/sf-shortcodes/interface.php

Same result if permissions are 777 for /wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/sf-shortcodes/interface.php

Memory set to 128mb in /wp-config.php

Apache Access Log entry:
    66.229.186.28 - - [05/Jan/2014:20:25:15 -0600] "GET /wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/sf-shortcodes/interface.php?ver=359-20131026 HTTP/1.1" 500 19137 "http://www2.hirewheel.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=12042&action=edit" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36"

/.htaccess is standard with no “deny from all”

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>
    # END WordPress
    matt@hw

Our issue was resolved by downgrading permissions to 644 for all files in the /wp-content/themes/dante/swift-framework/ directory.

As part of the restrictions in some shared environments, public files are not able to have write permissions for “group” and “world” settings. Many of the files in there had write set, so I removed it and set them to read+write for user, and just read for group and world.

Tahir – SUPPORT

Hi Matt@hw,

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Much Appreciated.

-Tahir

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register