New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Setting up header 4

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    alemarengo

Hi Ed.
    I don’t understand what happened since the last update, I’m using the last one, I think 2.1.6.
    As you saw in he screenshot above, when I scroll page, menu in the header stretches itself in a unacceptable way… Is there a why? How may I fix it?
    Actually, I have Header 6 activated, but it’s the same.
    (in addition, I noticed and have asked the forum for knowing how to fix width, that I put as 940px in the settings page, but #container still remains to 1200px, as seen in the css. Could it be something wrong in db?)

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I can see the screenshot, but I’m unable to replicate it here. Do you have any of the non-standard options set such as 940px or non-responsive mode?

– Ed

alemarengo

Hi Ed.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I viewed my webiste from several pc and different browsers, same thing. Responsive mode activated. Non-std opts? I don’t think so…
    I really cannot understand what happened. Last update made me crazy about width: I set 940px boxed, nothing happened. Should I cancel template and reinstall it after polishing db?
    It seems that settings would be ignorated. Why is #container 1200px wide?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@puntobiancosnc – can you provide a link for me to check?

It’s 1200px as that is the bootstrap width.

– Ed

alemarengo

Well… if it’s bootstrap width, I assume it is correct and there’s no issue. Maybe I should choose Full Width since the boxed version seems to loose magnifying lens (search) caused by the forced #container width.
    Is it correct?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No that shouldn’t be correct. Do you see any issues here – http://dante.swiftideas.net/?layout=boxed ?

– Ed

alemarengo

Nope, that page shows magnifying glass correctly… In my case it seems like at least 30px per side have been added in a responsive way. I mean, in a 1920×1080 display, #container switch to 1200px width and magnifying glass disappears; same thing when emulate lower resolutions…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm.. May be a 3rd party plugin conflicting?

– Ed

alemarengo

Maybe… how can I find this? I really cannot realise what caused that. Should I erase all things and clean up? I hope to restore every settings using import/export…

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Import/export would likely cause the same issue. Can you provide me with a link so that I can check your site?

– Ed

alemarengo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

You’ve added this custom css?

#container.boxed-layout {
    width: 1000px;
    }

That’s the cause of your issue.

– Ed

alemarengo

Hi Ed.
    Yes, I added that piece of code, but just because I don’t understand why boxed layout have n px more on the both sides of the content. Now that you have credentials, could you kindly test it with and without that piece of code? I added it just after the latest update, when I noticed some strange margins on the both sides. Nothing to compare concerning the link you provided to me a few posts ago.
    Please, waiting for your useful reply, kind regards.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The boxed layout has space either side so that the box leaves space for the content, otherwise it wouldn’t look right. If you want the width to be smaller, you could check out the included 940px mode in the theme options?

– Ed

alemarengo

Hi Ed.
    Thanks for your kind reply.
    The point is that if I set 940px boxey layout, in a 1920x1280px screen, margins on both sides are 145px wide. Is it correct? If I don’t want to have those margin, I think I have to get rid of code when @media only screen and (min-width: 1200px), right?
    Thanks and kind regards.

EDIT: if I set the code as above, I mean @media only screen and (min-width: 1200px){#container.boxed-layout{width:1000px; !important}}, when scrolling header menu shifts to the right of 130px and magnifying lens disappears. I’d like to keep shorter margin above 1200px screen width. How can I?

Many many thanks for your support.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register